Moonshine is a free and open source middleweight IDE built with ActionScript 3 for ActionScript 3, Feathers, Apache Flex®, Apache Royale® development with Cloud and Desktop support.
- Works with feature parity on the cloud model
The first IDE developed to provide cloud support for ActionScript 3 , Apache Flex®, Apache Royale® and Feathers. Now you can create your projects on the cloud and utilize the agility of a cloud based platform using Moonshine IDE.
- 100% Cross Platform
Moonshine is a cross platform open source application. With Moonshine you will find the luxury of developing anywhere on any platform.
- Built specifically to focus on Apache Flex® and Royale®
The Apache Royale® is a continuation of the previous effort called FlexJS to produce a next-generation of the Apache Flex® SDK that enables developers to use MXML and ActionScript to generate HTML/JS/CSS applications which can run natively in browsers. The cross-compiled code can also be used in Apache Cordova® (Adobe PhoneGap) mobile applications.
- Subversion support
We are providing SLIKSVN for subversion support because they provide a standalone command-line Subversion client for Windows. The installer contains all command line tools (svn, svnadmin, svnsync, svnserve, svnmucc) without application bindings or Apache modules. For more information please visit https://sliksvn.com/
+ Ant build
+ FDB debugger for debugging support
+ TourDeFlex component to assist with teaching the Flex syntax
+ Mobile application development support
- Visual Editor: Added the name of the component as a header on the property panel.
- Visual Editor: Highlight code for selected element when switching to the Code tab
- Visual Editor: Duplicate controls with CTRL-U (Windows) or CMD-U (macOS)
- Visual Editor: Added PanelGrid component.
- Updated as3mxml engine to version 0.12.1-SNAPSHOT.
- Visual Editor: Ignore unknown tags in visual editor XML.
- Visual Editor: Allowed text files to be created in visual editor projects
- Visual Editor: Enabled scrollbars in mockup area.
- Visual Editor PrimeFaces: Improvement to generated code for Grid component.
- Visual Editor PrimeFaces: Added additional container to TabView which allows positioning children in each tab.
- Visual Editor PrimeFaces: Added dynamic heights for some components.
- Subversion: Added option to force SVN to trust certificate errors.
- Fixed issue where projects did not automatically open on restart if language server was not set.
- Fixed issue where projects with existing source code did not list sub folders under the main source folder.
- Git: Fixed issue where IDE prompted user to install XCode during command line usage.
- Visual Editor: Fixed issue where reordering order was not possible. Further improvements to component reordering are pending.
- Visual Editor: Fixed issue where Undo/Redo did not work properly when there were multiple open Visual Editor tabs.
- Visual Editor: Disabled Edit > Find (and the corresponding shortcuts) for the Visual Editor tab.
- Visual Editor: Fixed issue where Include component did not properly display the list of files.
- Visual Editor: Fixed issue where the tab selected in the mockup area was not properly selected in the Properties panel
Ratings and Reviews
Nice to now have integrated SDK installation with the IDE
The latest release eliminates the need to separately figure out how to download the Apache Flex and FlexJS SDKs. This saves time getting started to explore the new FlexJS and existing Flex frameworks. Unfortunately this was difficult to achieve while balancing the necessary security requirements of the App Store. We think we struck a good balance with adding this feature while preserving the desire to publish to the App Store. We would love to hear your frank feedback, or better yet have your involvement to make further improvements to this open source project. We hope to include code completion as the next major task, so if you know anything about building AIR Native Extensions please reach out to us.
- Prominic.NET, Inc.
- 71.3 MB
- Developer Tools
- OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © (C) Copyright 2018 Prominic.NET. All rights reserved under the Apache license. No warranty of merchantability or fitness of any kind. Use this software at your own risk.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.