Moose Math - by Duck Duck Moose
By Duck Duck Moose, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introductory Price! Moose Math engages kids in a mathematical adventure and teaches counting, addition, subtraction, sorting, geometry and more. While playing 5 multi-level activities in the Moose Juice Store, Puck’s Pet Shop and Lost & Found, kids can earn rewards to help build their own city and decorate buildings. Moose Math introduces a new whimsical group of Duck Duck Moose characters, The Dust Funnies, who help with mastering math skills. Moose Math is aligned with Common Core State Standards for Kindergarten and 1st Grade and includes a Report Card section where parents and teachers can monitor progress and find additional skill-building activities. AGES: 3-8.
PLAY CATEGORY: Early Learning/Curriculum
Moose Math features 5 engaging math activities:
1) MOOSE JUICE: Make smoothies while practicing counting, addition and subtraction
2) PAINT PET: Match the pets by counting the number of dots
3) PET BINGO: Solve addition, subtraction and counting problems to get BINGO
4) LOST & FOUND: Learn and sort through shapes and colors
5) DOT TO DOT: Help the Dust Funny find his way home by joining the dots
Kids will learn the following math skills based on Common Core State Standards:
- Understand the relationship between numbers and quantities
- Solve word problems and algebraic thinking
- Practice number pattern recognition
- Count by 1’s, 2’s, 5’s and 10’s
- Master counting to 100
ADDITION & SUBTRACTION:
- Add and subtract by 1’s, 2’s, 5’s and 10’s
- Add and subtract up to 20
- Learn to add and subtract with numbers, dice and rekenrek racks
- Master geometry at Kindergarten and First Grade levels
- Learn to identify and recognize shapes
- Understand and compare lengths
PARENT REPORTING: Includes a Report Card section where parents and teachers can monitor progress for each child and learn about new skill-building activities.
DEVELOPED WITH EDUCATORS:
- Developed in conjunction with Stanford University Educator, Jennifer DiBrienza, PhD in -
Early Elementary Education and former NYC public school teacher (K-Grade 2)
COMMON CORE STANDARDS: K.CC.1, K.CC.2, K.CC.4, K.CC.6, K.OA.1, K.OA.2, K.OA.5, K.MD.2, K.MD.3, K.G.2, K.G.3, K.G.4, 1.OA.1, 1.OA.2, 1.OA.6
Duck Duck Moose, an award-winning creator of educational apps for children, was founded in 2008 by three parents who share a passion for children, education, music, design and play. To date, we have created 17 top-selling titles and have won 15 Parents’ Choice awards, 15 Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Awards and a KAPi award for the “Best Children’s App” at the International Consumer Electronics Show. We work with educators and play-test with children to ensure our apps are frustration-free for little fingers and full of whimsy, wonder and educational content for all to enjoy.
What's New in Version 1.0.3
Kid Tested, Mother Approved!
My four year old loves this app! He plays with it consistently (and voluntarily) every day. It's a great supplement to his Montessori education. With upbeat music, bright colors, and lots of verbal instruction and encouragement this app is ideal for the preschool crowd. Plus it's a lot of fun to boot! Even I am engaged by the variety of progressive skill based activities included within the app. This is definitely the best bang for the buck. Now I'm looking to Duck Duck Moose for a similar quality beginner reading app.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 14, 2014
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 102 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Duck Duck Moose, Inc.
- © Duck Duck Moose, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.