Moosic Studio: Student & Music Studio Manager
By Front Burner Studio
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
"Holy Grail of studio management" Sandra Bowen, Clavier Companion Sept/Oct 2013
Moosic Studio empowers you to streamline your music studio business & consolidate all the tools you require to run your business in a single feature-packed iPad application.
NO MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTIONS!
If you are using a browser-based solution to manage your studio, I'm sure paying a monthly fee is getting a little old and costly! Moosic Studio costs a fraction of the yearly cost.
JUST DO THE MATH
If you pay $14 per month, you'll save over $128 per year...
If you pay $29 per month, you'll save over $300 per year...
If you pay $49 per month, you'll save over $545 per year...
... all by switching from your monthly service to Moosic Studio. Heck you can even buy yourself a new iPad!
MANAGE STUDIOS OF ANY SIZE FOR ONE PRICE
3 students or 300 students, it doesn't matter: the cost of the application remains the same.
-- Reviews --
"Oh my, I’ve been looking for something like this that totes versatility and ease of communication with student families and finally found it!" Leila Viss from 88pianokeys (88pianokeys.me)
"The Moosic Studio app truly looks like a handy solution for the independent music teacher." Joy Morin from Color in My Piano (ColorInMyPiano.com)
"All in all I am VERY impressed with Moosic Studio and am looking forward to the updates to come. I think Carlos did a great job and I know teachers will enjoy using this app in their studio to simplify the business side of things." Jennifer Foxx from Foxx Piano Studio Resources (fpsresources.wordpress.com)
-- Features --
- Create Invoices to send to your families each month.
- Invoice by the Month, by term/semester, by year or by any date range you want
- Track Studio Transactions (expenses or additional income)
- Track Student Expenses easily. Can accommodate scenarios where the teacher collects a Material Fee or where the teacher passes the expense directly on to the parent via invoicing.
- Fixed-Fee or Per Lesson billing
- Group siblings' monthly fees together into a single convenient group
- Use existing contacts or create new contacts for both Students & Parents.
- Add Students to your Waitlist
- Schedule multiple lessons & events for each of your students.
- Easily add various types of Assignments during a lesson. Support for: multiple book assignments, sight-reading, online exercises, Circle of Fifths.
- Need to record an accompaniment for your Voice Student to practice with or video record a Piano Student's technique? Capturing Audio & Video clips is possible during a lesson from within Moosic Studio.
- Easily view and email your Students by: Status (active, waitlisted, inactive), Instrument (piano, voice, etc.), Skill Level, Age, Grade, School.
- All lessons created in Moosic Studio automatically generate events in the default Calendar which are synced to other devices via iCloud
- Easily Cancel or Swap lessons
- Library management
- Assign a Passcode to protect access to Moosic Studio safe from prying eyes.
PRINTING, EMAIL, ETC.
- Print or email Lesson Assignments before your students leave your studio.
- Use iTunes File Sharing to transfer large audio & video files to your computer.
- Send Lesson Assignment (PDFs), Audio (M4A) & Video (MP4) files that you create in Moosic Studio to other apps installed on your iPad that support these files. This includes Evernote, Dropbox & Box to name a few!
What's New in Version 1.5.3
Lesson assignment copy is here!
You can find it in the lesson view. Just tap on the icon that looks to have 2 sheets of paper. You will be asked to confirm copying the previous lesson.
ALL lesson assignments, Lesson notes and private teacher comments are copied from the previously entered lesson.
Attendance, books, lesson/event performance will not be copied.
Tuition Totals found in Paying Party only show current tuition totals. If a lesson event has ended, it will not show up in totals. (for Beth in Canada!)
Moosic Studio now supports regional date formats! (for Anastasia in AU!)
Parents of Inactive students will no longer show up in the parent list. (for Margaret F. in Holly Springs!)
iOS 9 Friendly!
Various bugs addressed. My favorite one... videos are now captured at the correct orientation! No more having to guess what you're recording.
If your iPad is running iOS 8.x, you will experience crashing if you update Moosic Studio to v1.5.3. If you have updated and are experiencing crashing, the only way to fix it is to update your iPad to the latest version of iOS 9.
Not worth how much I paid for it
I paid $50 for this app and it not usable. I have too many students and not enough time during and between lessons to scroll through my library of hundreds of books, entering the same information week after week... Time is money, right? I've written in, suggesting at least a copy and paste option... It would be better if the assignments and their books just stayed in their profile. There are several other features that this app needs before I can use it. I cannot believe I wasted $50 on this app. Don't do it.
I have been enjoying use this app! I like how I can send invoices easily, and schedule my students. I use the app mainly for those 2 things. I also like the record section on each student where I can record a piece they are working on and can keep it where it is easy to find.
I have been using the app 2 years now.
It has been very helpful for me.
Time to shoot the cow
I've given up. No enhancements, cumbersome to use, inflexible, can't even get attendance reports to know who needs makeup lessons! I will start something new this summer in preparation for the new school year. So disappointing that the developer has given up with improving the product yet is charging a King's ransom for it. Cannot recommend, but the potential is there if somebody would just give it the attention it needs to actually be useful.