Now there's a simple, elegant and customizable way to get essential Morning Call news, sports, business and entertainment coverage on your iPhone or iPad.
• Stay informed with Allentown's best source of news, sports, business and entertainment
• Sign up for push notifications to get the latest news from our newsroom as soon as stories break
• Enjoy exclusive videos and photo galleries
• Edit the section list to be in your preferred order
• Save must-read stories, photos and videos for when you have the time to enjoy them
• Keep track of what you've read and what you haven't with Progress Report
• Turn your device sideways for an entirely different visual view of the news (iPad only)
• Get the latest breaking news from our newsroom in your notifications
• Share stories easily with Twitter, Facebook, or email
• Offline reading: Download and read content offline
• See your progress: Articles that have been read are greyed out to make your reading experience more efficient
• Download the app to enjoy 5 free stories each month. For full access, try a free month of Unlimited Digital Access to the app, morningcall.com, and our eNewspaper; then it's only $7.99 a month. Make sure to create a registration while in the app so you'll be able to log in to the website and eNewspaper when you visit them in web browsers.
• Your subscription automatically renews each month unless auto-renew is turned off within your Account Settings at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Your iTunes account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• You can read our Terms of Service here: http://www.tronc.com/central-terms-of-service/
• Questions about your subscription, including adding or removing Web access to mcall.com from your app access, can be directed to Customer Service: 610-440-3679.
CRASHES / PROBLEMS?
We've been working hard to fix any and all crashes in the app. If you're still experiencing crashes or freezes after installing this update, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A quick email to our support team helps our developers identify and resolve crashes faster.
We release regular updates to clean up bugs and optimize your reading experience.
Ratings and Reviews
The Morning Call has spammed me unrelentingly for years. I downloaded this app so I could leave this review. I have no idea how they got my email address, but no amount of unsubscribing or complaining to them or marking them as spam in gmail can stop whoever their marketing genius is from getting past the filters yet again. They must change addresses and domains to accomplish this, and while it’s some technical feat, it probably isn’t legal. I desperately want off this obnoxious list and am simply trying one more venue here to attempt to effect that. I guess my next step would need to be a state attorney general in Pennsylvania.
Auto-Playing Ads - Don’t Use in Public
I pay for this app to get local news. MCall either doesn’t read or ignores feedback. Their video ads play automatically, blaring the volume until you scramble to either mute the volume or stop the ad playback.
App is also unstable and often crashes when loading articles.
When I find another means of getting local news I’ll cancel my subscription to this and likely the paper version which nobody at the office reads anymore.
App needs work
The app often fails to load an article and will just freeze up. I often have to force restart the app. Not worth the money until they clean this app up.
- Tribune Company
- 109.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2016 Morning Call
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Digital Access $7.99
- News App Only $4.99
- Unlimited Digital Access $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.