Get Morningstar’s favorite wide-moat U.S. stocks on your iPad. Download the Morningstar StockInvestor for iPad app for free and receive our how-to investing guides at no cost or obligation. Then subscribe for $10.99 per month. If you currently subscribe to Morningstar StockInvestor, you can access the iPad edition for free!
Tap into Morningstar StockInvestor's proven wide-moat stock strategy, proprietary ratings, and analyst reports anytime. Editor David Harrell delivers actionable stock ideas, equity research, and market insights you can only find in our flagship equities newsletter.
• Interactive: Link to current U.S. stock data and analyst reports for StockInvestor's portfolio and watchlist holdings.
• Timely: Receive immediate notification of trades, watchlist news, and issues.
• Portable: Access to your issue library is at your fingertips for quick reference and offline reading.
• Custom: Change screen orientation and bookmark/organize your favorite articles within each issue for future reference.
- Single Issue: $10.99 (non-subscription)
- One-month subscription: $10.99, automatically renewed until canceled
- One-year subscription: $124.99, automatically renewed until canceled
- Payment for all purchases will be charged to your iTunes account at the confirmation of your purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
About Morningstar Investor Newsletters
Our newsletters provide investors with strategies and investment ideas to improve their returns, hedge their risk, diversify their portfolios, or generate additional income. Our focus is primarily on the U.S. financial markets with global market commentary provided to give investors a broad picture of the world’s economy.
Morningstar newsletters and digital services follow proprietary, time-tested strategies and provide investors with exclusive recommendations backed by a team of 80-plus securities analysts. Our securities analysts are true experts: They concentrate their research on particular investment vehicles and on specific industries and sectors, focusing on fundamentals. The result: unique, thoroughly researched investment ideas and strategies that you can’t find anywhere else.
Whether you invest in stocks, funds, or ETFs, Morningstar has a newsletter that meets your investing needs.
• Updated Subscriber’s Guide
• Other minor enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Wish I had this 30 years ago
The Morningstar model portfolio is great for a long term approach for wealth building. It filters for companies with predictably long term competitive advantages. I am pleased with the results it has brought me. It also prompts me to consider the proper time to sell, which has always been a challenge for my buy and hold strategy.
The app requires a subscription...I am so pleased that I also have subscriptions to the Morningstar dividend investor, etf investor, and fund investor newsletters and apps.
Managing your own retirement assets requires commitment, conviction and confidence. The newsletters help me develop confidence in my decisions and a decision making framework to minimize temptations to stray from sound long term strategies.
Difficult to navigate
When I first installed the app I selected the option to download the StockInvestor guide, and I have not been able to figure out how to exit the guide and get back to the app since then.
Great content. Lousy app. Even worse customer support.
I really respect Morningstar's methodology and the consistency of their research. I also really enjoy Matt Coffina's measured and self-reflective approach to stock selection (though his timing on some recent trades might have been a bit off). But I have to reiterate what another reviewer wrote, which is that this app is seriously broken. For the past several months since a recent update, I haven't been able to get a single live alert or update, only the monthly newsletters. While Mr. Coffina is kind enough to write in the type of trades he is making in the update titles, the rest of the very valuable content is hidden, leaving his rationale up to the imagination.
To add insult to injury, when I contacted Morningstar about this using the contact information located in the app, I got nothing but condescension. The person on the other end wasn't even clear about which newsletter I was talking about and then made it seem like this was my fault. News flash, Morningstar: it's not me, it's you.
I would cancel my subscription but then it just renewed and I'm otherwise satisfied with the research in the newsletter. But the app? Yeah, don't bother, not until they fix these bugs.
- Morningstar, Inc.
- 34.5 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Morningstar, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Morningstar StockInvestor $10.99
- Morningstar StockInvestor $124.99
- Morningstar StockInvest July 2016 $10.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.