By Morningstar, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get Morningstar’s favorite wide-moat U.S. stocks on your iPad. Download the Morningstar StockInvestor for iPad app for free and receive our how-to investing guides at no cost or obligation. Then subscribe for $10.99 per month. If you currently subscribe to Morningstar StockInvestor, you can access the iPad edition for free!
Tap into Morningstar StockInvestor's proven wide-moat stock strategy, proprietary ratings, and analyst reports anytime. Editor Matthew Coffina delivers actionable stock ideas, equity research, and market insights you can only find in our flagship equities newsletter.
• Interactive: Link to current U.S. stock data and analyst reports for StockInvestor's portfolio and watchlist holdings.
• Timely: Receive immediate notification of trades, watchlist news, and issues.
• Portable: Access to your issue library is at your fingertips for quick reference and offline reading.
• Custom: Change screen orientation and bookmark/organize your favorite articles within each issue for future reference.
- Single Issue: $10.99 (non-subscription)
- One-month subscription: $10.99, automatically renewed until canceled
- One-year subscription: $124.99, automatically renewed until canceled
- Payment for all purchases will be charged to your iTunes account at the confirmation of your purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
About Morningstar Investor Newsletters
Our newsletters provide investors with strategies and investment ideas to improve their returns, hedge their risk, diversify their portfolios, or generate additional income. Our focus is primarily on the U.S. financial markets with global market commentary provided to give investors a broad picture of the world’s economy.
Morningstar newsletters and digital services follow proprietary, time-tested strategies and provide investors with exclusive recommendations backed by a team of 80-plus securities analysts. Our securities analysts are true experts: They concentrate their research on particular investment vehicles and on specific industries and sectors, focusing on fundamentals. The result: unique, thoroughly researched investment ideas and strategies that you can’t find anywhere else.
Whether you invest in stocks, funds, or ETFs, Morningstar has a newsletter that meets your investing needs.
What's New in Version 2.1.0
• Support for iOS 9
• Bug fixes
• Minor improvements
Great content. Lousy app. Even worse customer support.
I really respect Morningstar's methodology and the consistency of their research. I also really enjoy Matt Coffina's measured and self-reflective approach to stock selection (though his timing on some recent trades might have been a bit off). But I have to reiterate what another reviewer wrote, which is that this app is seriously broken. For the past several months since a recent update, I haven't been able to get a single live alert or update, only the monthly newsletters. While Mr. Coffina is kind enough to write in the type of trades he is making in the update titles, the rest of the very valuable content is hidden, leaving his rationale up to the imagination.
To add insult to injury, when I contacted Morningstar about this using the contact information located in the app, I got nothing but condescension. The person on the other end wasn't even clear about which newsletter I was talking about and then made it seem like this was my fault. News flash, Morningstar: it's not me, it's you.
I would cancel my subscription but then it just renewed and I'm otherwise satisfied with the research in the newsletter. But the app? Yeah, don't bother, not until they fix these bugs.
Good stock info
This is not a fancy bells & whistles app, but an in-depth newsletter following 2 real money portfolios, with insight on potential buys/sells in each stock sector. It provides access to past issues, plus current commentaries and trade alerts.
Has had a bug for close to 2 months preventing access to live data or alerts. They say they're working on a fix but nothing yet I'm not getting what I paid for. Don't buy this until fixed.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Oct 12, 2015
- Version: 2.1.0
- Size: 17.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Morningstar, Inc.
- © 2015 Morningstar, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Morningstar StockInvestor$10.99
- Morningstar StockInvestor$124.99
- Morningstar StockInvestor June 2014$10.99
- Morningstar StockInvestor October 2015$10.99
- Morningstar StockInvestor August 2015$10.99
- Morningstar StockInvest April 2016$10.99
- Morningstar StockInvestor July 2015$10.99
- Morningstar StockInvestor April 2015$10.99
- Morningstar StockInvestor May 2015$10.99
- Morningstar StockInvestor December 2014$10.99