SKETCH, DESIGN, CREATE
Trace is THE architecture and design app for EVERYONE. It’s a truly unique drawing tool that allows you to easily develop ideas in layers, communicate via drawing markup, and work fluidly through ALL phases of the design process. Ideal for architects, designers, interior designers, illustrators, or members of any creative culture, it helps you create intelligent sketches and drawings to meet all your design needs. Draw on top of PDFs, maps, photos, images, drawing sets, background templates, and more with extraordinary resolution using exceptional designer tools, brushes and pens. Bring new life to your design process and transform your workflow with the ease, flexibility and the magic of digital hand sketching.
Trace has been featured by Wired, Dwell, Fast Company, ArchDaily, Cool Hunting, Dezeen, MacLife, Core77, designboom, Inhabitat, dexigner, Architectural Record, Archinect, Gizmodo and many more.
THINGS YOU CAN DO:
• Develop ideas, options & concepts
• Sketch buildings & objects
• Layout home, office & landscape renovations
• Drawing sets & PDFs
• Construction site photos
• Presentations, renderings or images
• Floor plans, sections & elevations to scale
• Site plans & landscaping
• Illustrations & presentation images
• Make & export drawing sets
• Scale & measure drawings or images
• Organize by project
IPAD + IPHONE FEATURES INCLUDE:
• AR PERSPECTIVE FINDER: Set grids in REAL space
• SCALE: Draw and measure in metric or imperial
• MAPS: Instantly draw over any site to scale
• STENCILS: Custom entourage and more
• PERSPECTIVE GUIDE: Auto draw to vanishing points
• TOOLS: Ruler, triangle, protractor and more
• MULTIPLE PAGE PDFS: Markup, order and share
• MOVE PAPER: Moves like real trace paper
• LAYERS: Copy, mirror, lock and more
• EXPORT: Send sets, images and PDFs
• FOLDERS: Organize and save your work
• PENS AND BRUSHES: A variety of life-like options
• SCALE PEN: Smart line weights for precision drawing
• IMPORT: Access photo library, Camera, PDF, or Cloud drives
• EDIT: Manage layers & iterate drawings
• OPACITY: Adjust to highlight or hide information
• COLOR: Custom pen palettes for multiple uses
• TEMPLATES: Custom backgrounds for multiple uses
Morpholio Trace subscription plans are available in the following options:
•TraceEssentials annually for $4.99 USD
•TracePremium annually for $9.99 USD
•TracePro annually for $19.99 USD
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Subscriptions are automatically renewed unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. Manage your subscriptions in your Account Settings after purchase.
We would be thrilled to have Morpholio Trace be a part of your creative process. Designed to be beautifully simple, clean and familiar in its canary yellow “trace paper” background, you can use trace to build an idea, as well as simplify many other forms of feedback in the design process. We hope you enjoy Trace and if there are any specific ways it could be improved for your use, please send us your feedback.
Welcome to the best version and update yet. We hope you enjoy the new features, improved performance and bug fixes you helped us discover.
Ratings and Reviews
I'm beta testing the new Morpholio Trace
Im not a pro at it by any means but I gave it a five. It's a little complicated at first, in comparison to some others and I really don't recommend it for the iPhone because it is really a professional app that any designer could benefit from. There is a learning curve. There are more simple apps that are probably better for beginners. I give it five stars because it is great in the fact it is so clean in its ui and for the short time Ive been using it, I believe it is perfect for someone to hold their best work. I think it would be a wonderful add for someone that is a professional designer of any kind. It's has to be a little complicated in order for it to have the features that it is packed with. I think once I learn more, and can intuitively know all of the tools and changing them when I need to, I will pay for it with my design projects. So if you know Morpholio well, and have the app mastered, you will be just as happy with the up dated version. You have a lot to look forward to. I'm going to play more with this app. One thing I wish I knew how to send my stencils to creative cloud, or to render a Psd file. It probably is able to be done but I am a novice in that department. Such a beautiful app
Would love Trace w/ multiple pages
I enjoy Trace on my iPad Pro (w/ Apple Pencil) as well as other programs like Concepts, and AutoDesk’s SketchBook, but none support multiple pages. As an artist and product designer, I digitally sketch all the time and import photos, renderings, and maps, BUT having to create a new “Project” for every sketch is very cumbersome, time-consuming, and slows down my workflow. To me, a single sketch with layers isn’t a “Project.” A project typically has many “Pages” or “Drawings.” And while I use Morpholio Journal for day-to-day notes/sketching as well, it has very limited tools. Ideally, I’d like Trace and Journal combined, while still allowing both to act as their own stand-alone products. Imagine being able to flip through multiple pages in Trace, then be able to flatten and export the entire set of pages as a PDF to send to clients and consultants! It would REALLY be powerful. I’d use it all the time. Maybe one day. Until then, each sketch is considered a single “Project.”
Like tracing paper, not!
Sometimes it’s like a good old roll of tracing paper, great for working out a concept or two. Other times it’s your magical digital buddy: perspective tool, area takeoffs/fill, stencils, layer blending modes, HSB color picker...
If they add a few things, it will really be a fantastic:
- Decent layer grouping/sets - to show alternates, you have to back and forth from Export to manually hide/show layers. Ugh. Workaround: duplicate entire file to show alternate plans, since each plan has at least 3 unique layers (base, color, notes...)
- That lasso select tool is in every raster app... except Trace. Workaround: lots of layers - but sorry! There’s a limit to how many you can have! Workaround: duplicate layer, move, erase extra items (unless you go over your limit).
- Text size is a pain to keep consistent, too. Result: I hand write what I need to say and skip the text tool entirely... although text in Export works great, with a title block template. There is a grid base to keep text size consistent. Handwritten text all remains on the same layer, too.
- You can only edit the top layer. There’s no way to select a lower layer and edit it without either hiding all layers above it or dragging it to the top, a slower process and just as error prone as select layer for editing (easy to forget and draw on the wrong layer).
Developer Response ,
We are so sorry to hear this and hope you will give us a chance to help fix it. Please contact us at Community@MorpholioApps.com and we will respond immediately with some personal options for you. We appreciate the opportunity to make this right.
- Morpholio LLC
- 141.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Morpholio LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Trace Pro Subscription $19.99
- Trace Pro Subscription $7.99
- Grids Template $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.