SKETCH, DESIGN, CREATE
Trace is THE architecture and design app for EVERYONE. It’s a truly unique drawing tool that allows you to easily develop ideas in layers, communicate via drawing markup, and work fluidly through ALL phases of the design process. Ideal for architects, designers, interior designers, illustrators, or members of any creative culture, it helps you create intelligent sketches and drawings to meet all your design needs. Draw on top of PDFs, maps, photos, images, drawing sets, background templates, and more with extraordinary resolution using exceptional designer tools, brushes and pens. Bring new life to your design process and transform your workflow with the ease, flexibility and the magic of digital hand sketching.
Trace has been featured by Wired, Dwell, Fast Company, ArchDaily, Cool Hunting, Dezeen, MacLife, Core77, designboom, Inhabitat, dexigner, Architectural Record, Archinect, Gizmodo and many more.
THINGS YOU CAN DO:
• Develop ideas, options & concepts
• Sketch buildings & objects
• Layout home, office & landscape renovations
• Drawing sets & PDFs
• Construction site photos
• Presentations, renderings or images
• Floor plans, sections & elevations to scale
• Site plans & landscaping
• Illustrations & presentation images
• Make & export drawing sets
• Scale & measure drawings or images
• Organize by project
IPAD ONLY FEATURES INCLUDE:
• AR PERSPECTIVE FINDER: Set grids in REAL space
• SCALE: Draw and measure in metric or imperial
• MAPS: Instantly draw over any site to scale
• STENCILS: Custom entourage and more
• PERSPECTIVE GUIDE: Auto draw to vanishing points
• TOOLS: Ruler, triangle, protractor and more
• MULTIPLE PAGE PDFS: Markup, order and share
• MOVE PAPER: Moves like real trace paper
• LAYERS: Copy, mirror, lock and more
• EXPORT: Send sets, images and PDFs
• FOLDERS: Organize and save your work
IPAD + IPHONE FEATURES INCLUDE:
• PENS AND BRUSHES: A variety of life-like options
• SCALE PEN: Smart line weights for precision drawing
• RULER: Draft straight lines to scale
• EXPORT: Effortlessly send or post drawings or sets
• PAPER: Choose yellow trace, white vellum or black
• IMPORT: Access photo library, Camera, PDF, or Cloud drives
• EDIT: Manage layers & iterate drawings
• OPACITY: Adjust to highlight or hide information
• COLOR: Custom pen palettes for multiple uses
• TEMPLATES: Custom backgrounds for multiple uses
Morpholio TracePro subscription plans are available in the following options:
•TracePro monthly for $7.99
•TracePro annually for $19.99
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Subscriptions are automatically renewed unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. Manage your subscriptions in your Account Settings after purchase.
We would be thrilled to have Morpholio Trace be a part of your creative process. Designed to be beautifully simple, clean and familiar in its canary yellow “trace paper” background, you can use trace to build an idea, as well as simplify many other forms of feedback in the design process. We hope you enjoy Trace and if there are any specific ways it could be improved for your use, please send us your feedback.
Welcome to the best version and update yet. We hope you enjoy the new features, improved performance and bug fixes you helped us discover.
Ratings and Reviews
Great program, lousy documentation
Can’t find any doc of simple things like how to pickup a line and move it (which I now think is impossible... can only erase it). No undo for some actions to the macro scale (I.e., try to resize or rotate the layer... can’t undo that. At least the few times I tried it. Perhaps there’s a less intuitive way ??)
As a new user that is very familiar with Sketchup and AutoCad, I was expecting a few similarities like object manipulation. But it’s really like a digital pencil/pen, you basically have erase or (limited) undo. Pretty awesome program in a lot of ways, but not the only tool in the arsenal based on many of the limitations. Still, recommend getting it for those few perfect applications like tracing over an image, to make mods, etc. that works really well.
I use Trace nearly daily in my professional career as an architect.
It’s a great app that truly acts like a digital piece of yellow trace over a drawing.
It’s great and I’d recommend it.
Subscription does not
Work with new iPad Pro. Confirm button at top right corner is not active within available screen area
Ok, my mistake. New iPad Pro requires pressing the power button (on the edge of the iPad) to confirm App Store purchase, but the graphic icon looked like an on screen button that was partly above the screen edge. Apple tech support helped me understand what I was supposed to do—-but it puzzled them for a while too.
I’m sorry for the first low rating. It was a moment of frustration. The new iPad is a stunning machine, but transitioning from a 6 year old iPad was way more work than I expected.
As for Trace, I will need more time to assess its suitability for the work I do. That said I have no gripes at this point. I find it works as claimed. I had the free version on the old iPad but did not use it. It was akin to finger painting. The pencil is a world of difference.
Developer Response ,
We are so sorry if something happened. Please let us fix this for you and make it right. You can contact me at Community@morpholioapps.com
we will look for your email :)
- Morpholio LLC
- 132.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Morpholio LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Trace Pro Subscription $19.99
- Trace Pro Subscription $7.99
- Grids Template $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.