Has this already happened to you?
Maybe you’re stuck (again) in traffic ... or you’re in the checkout line, recalling how tomatoes once tasted like tomatoes ... or you’re facing another huge utility bill ... or you’re at work, wishing for more time with your family ...
And suddenly you find yourself asking: “Is this really the life I want for myself and those I love?”
If the answer is “NO!” ... if you yearn for a life that’s better — healthier, simpler, more satisfying — than the one that society, tradition or habit seems to have mapped out for you ... then we welcome you to the MOTHER EARTH NEWS family.
MOTHER EARTH NEWS has been helping folks live self-reliant, sustainable, meaningful lives — and to live lightly on our planet — for more than 35 years. From organic gardening and modern homesteading to real food and renewable energy, the topics covered in our publications will get you started on the path toward a more rewarding life.
Mother Earth News Magazine Pricing:
• Single Issue Price - USD $5.99*
• Subscription 1 Year - USD $14.99*
* For non-US app stores, the equivalent currency charges will apply.
Please note: App subscriptions do not include access to subscription-only content on our website.
Additional Subscription Information:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Stability improvements and other minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Ditch the App
This is a tough review to write because I love the content. The app feels downright stingy. It’s heavy handed with what you’re “allowed” to do and the user experience leaves much to be desired. Since this app is how you access the content of the digital subscription, I’d say don’t bother with it.
I don’t want an app actually. I’m a new subscriber to print and digital and I just want to download the PDFs from my subscription period, which is how Home Power does it. I like to keep a large PDF archive of resources and it’s unfortunate I can’t save issues or articles from this app.
Sometimes, less technology is better.
A Digital Stack? Really
So, I give another star but without an explanation as to where the grid view is no 5 stars. It took me 2 days of fuming to Accidentally find the grid, I still say the stack is pointless in digital form. For digital the grid is the only thing that makes sense.
Very disappointed, guys.
How tedious can it get to go through a digital stack? Very. I want my grid back. The write up mentions a grid but there is no indication of how I find it.
I thought the last one was just fine. Change graphics OK but the layout needs more explanation, like where is the grid option so I can Quickly find the issue I want.
Am I the only one who got a non functioning darked out ME icon, I can neither open or delete?
Unable to view only issues purchased. Have to scroll through all issues offered and by chance find the ones purchased. And then can't find all the issues! Continually need to unlock purchased content and still loose the from view. The banner ad at the top takes up about one third of the navigation screen. C'mon, really? Why not just offer the magazine as a stand alone publication and get rid of the flawed app altogether? There's an idea.
- MAZ Digital Inc.
- 48.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, French, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©Ogden Publications, 2013
- In-App Purchases
- Mother Earth News $14.99
- Guide to Self-Reliance 2013 $6.99
- Guide to Modern Homesteading $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.