“What’s safe during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?” “Will my medicine affect the baby? “What’s the latest research about vaccines during pregnancy?” There’s not always time for your doctor to call you back right away, and a search on the internet about the safety of medications and other exposures during pregnancy and breastfeeding may not give you reliable information from a trusted source – that’s where MotherToBaby experts step-in. If you’re planning a pregnancy, currently pregnant, breastfeeding, or are a health care provider, MotherToBaby has the app you’ve been waiting for.
A suggested resource by many agencies including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Office of Women’s Health, the MotherToBaby app has:
• The capability to connect you with a birth defects research specialist through live chat, text message, e-mail and phone
• A collection of Fact Sheets on hundreds of exposures, such as medications, vaccines, diseases, chemicals, substances of abuse and more with evidence-based answers about their known safety during pregnancy and breastfeeding
• An engaging and informative “Baby Blog” written by experts on hot topics important to women and health care providers
• A way to easily volunteer for studies that contribute important information for future moms and babies
YOU have questions. WE have answers. Run by the world’s leading professional non-profit society of birth defects researchers, MotherToBaby is a reliable, free source for evidence-based answers about medications, vaccines, chemicals, herbals, substances of abuse, beauty products and more during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Available in English and in Spanish, you can chat live, text, e-mail or talk on the phone with a MotherToBaby expert. You can also browse bilingual fact sheets for the latest known research surrounding a variety of exposure topics.
MotherToBaby is a service of the international non-profit Organization of Teratology Information Specialists (OTIS). The Health Resources and Services Administration’s Maternal and Child Health Bureau (HRSA) recently recognized our work by awarding us with a federal funding opportunity to expand our services.
We are always working to bring you new features and answer your questions about exposures during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Send us your suggestions at email@example.com.
- ORGANIZATION OF TERATOLOGY INFORMATION SPECIALISTS, NFP
- 15.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2015 OTIS - Organization of Teratology Information Specialist
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.