Moths & Butterflies of Britain & Ireland
By NatureGuides Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Based on Chris Manley's British Moth and Butterflies: a photographic guide, and accessing the fantastic resources of UKMoths.org.uk as well as distribution maps from the National Moth Recording Scheme when online; this astonishing resource covers an amazing 2,147 species of lepidoptera found in Britain and Ireland. This comprehensive resource provides beautiful macro photographs of most of the micro and macro moths, including butterflies as well as eggs, larvae and pupae, leaf-mines and characteristic plant damage of some species. The photography is stunning, and is proof that moths are not dull and brown.
- Beautiful photos showcasing the wealth and variety of lepidopterans in Britain and Ireland
- Display all species, or choose from a combination of macros, micros and butterflies
- Order alphabetically or taxonomically
- Choose to display only macros, butterflies or micros as you prefer
- Confusion species are suggested where appropriate
- Online access to UKMoths photos and texts
- Distribution data from the National Biodiversity Network (since 2000) when online
- When not online, the app covers 1693 species
Please note that your device must be running iOS 3.2 or greater to use this app.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
This update fixes a bug which causes the app to crash when selecting some moths in A-Z mode. Also includes some minor content changes.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Nov 17, 2010
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 538 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: NatureGuides Ltd.
- © BirdGuides
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.