MotionBook is built for creative people like you, to discover the fun of making flipbook animations.
The MotionBook app provides a set of well designed digital tools for you to create the traditional frame-by-frame animations, on your iPad or iPhone:
- A natural feel pen and eraser tool set, which provide various artistic effects include Pencil, Inking Pen, Marker, Paint Brush, Hard & Soft Erasers. And fully support pressure sensitivity of Apple Pencil.
- Convenient Undo/Redo.
- A "Timeline" to easily manage all your pages. And you can also customize FPS (Frames Per Second).
- The "Onion Skin" option allows you to see previous and next pages as reference.
- The advanced editing tools help you to quick tweak drawing details, copy drawings and paste to another page, or even paste images from other apps.
- Export your animation to video (mp4) or GIF, share to your friends, or even make your own stickers.
- Integrated with the iOS 11 Files system, where you can easily manage all your flipbook files. You can also store your files to iCloud, and make them sync'd across your iPhones and iPads.
- Various sample templates to help you easily begin your journey to the animation world.
- Use a video clip as background, to help you learn to draw pose/gestures with real-world references. Or you can just add interesting hand-draw elements to your favorite videos.
VERSION 1.3 - "Brushes"
Pencil, Inking Pen, Marker, Paint Brush, Hard Eraser, Soft Eraser...... We brought a band new designed brush system to MotionBook in version 1.3. With different brushes, you can now easily add various artistic effects to your drawings.
If you like MotionBook, please tell your friends, and rate us in App Store. Thank you.
Ratings and Reviews
Powerful and easy to use
This app is pretty powerful in its free state, but definitely worth the five bucks for the more advanced features. It’s a straight-forward flip-book animation tool that offers smooth drawing. Its interface is uncluttered and simple, and that’s actually the only problem I’ve found with it so far—there aren’t enough controls.
By default, the app saves its internal projects to iCloud, which is useful if you’re going to be working on animations on different devices, but I prefer to keep everything on my iPad. It’s possible to set the default location to save projects to your local device, but you have to go to the settings app to do it.
MotionBook is definitely worth playing with, if you’re interested in rotoscoping, adding doodles to existing videos or photos, or drawing animations from scratch.
No help section or tutorials. Images don’t line up. Paid $4.99 and it’s useless. Would like love a refund since I can’t do anything with it.
Developer Response ,
We are sorry to hear that MotionBook did not work out for you. Would you email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we can better understand what part of MotionBook we can improve and how it could help you make awesome animations?
Midnight wolf. Art #1
My life of love for everyone
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Liang Peng
- 18.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Liang Peng
- In-App Purchases
- MotionBook Full Features $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.