Turn your Live Photos into epic, cinematic GIFs and video collages with Google’s advanced stabilization technology:
• Create epic movies and video collages.
• Add fun Motion Text and emoji that tracks objects.
• Share your Motion Stills as looping GIFs directly in your favorite messaging app.
• Pick the best frame and export your Motion Stills as Live Photos so you never miss a moment.
• Browse through your Motion Stills stream, or flip through one-by-one and watch them auto-play.
• Capture Motion Stills right inside the app.
• Capture and save Live Photos on any device.
• Swipe left to delete Motion Stills in the stream.
• Export collages as GIFs.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Watermark setting way too hard to find
I find the results from this app fantastic. Export to gif really is something Apple should support natively.
HOWEVER - Motion Stills defaults to including a tacky watermark in the exported files that is not shown in the preview screen. For the longest time, I was convinced there was no way to turn it off. The only indication that settings existed was in the camera pane - a button I was unable to use because I don’t allow apps camera access. I had incorrectly assumed that these setting would only apply to the camera anyway. WRONG - all the useful settings are in that menu. IT EVEN HAS A CHECKBOX FOR DISABLING THE WATERMARK.
If the watermark were disabled by default, this app would be 5 stars. If the setting menu were on the home screen where it belongs, it would get 4. As it stands, defective UI design and repellant opt-out defacement of exported images really count against it.
A few tweaks needed!
1 star more because there hasn’t been an update in 8 months than for the functionality of the app itself. That being said, I think there are still a couple changes this app needs made in order to make it as useful as I hoped of it.
1. The ability to edit and cut the length of the video (giving the whole thing to choose from, not just the stabilized portion)
2. Not sure how to word this exactly, but the ability to decide what the reference for stabilization should be, so that I could choose which part of the scene I intended to be still.
Love the functionality of playing with live photos and how cool it is to make a movie from them or export new live photos.
I just really really wish there were two other things:
-the ability to navigate my photo feed by selecting an album or even just choosing a point in time easier than having to scroll backwards forever. Or am I just missing it?
-using the whole live photo!! Not just the part that is stable. I want the whole thing please for making new live photos!
Thanks team you're the best and this is one of my favorite apps!
- Google, Inc.
- 62.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Google, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.