Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Designed for video editors, Motion 5 lets you customize Final Cut Pro titles, transitions, and effects. Or create your own dazzling animations in 2D or 3D space, with real-time feedback as you work.
Breakthrough Speed and Quality
• Dual-GPU optimizations for superior real-time playback performance and faster rendering on the new Mac Pro
• 64-bit architecture supports deeper, multilayered effects for use in Final Cut Pro
• ColorSync-managed color pipeline produces accurate, consistent color across applications
• Shared Render Engine provides consistent quality with Final Cut Pro and Compressor
• Rendering uses floating-point, linear-light color space for exceptionally realistic results
Editor-Friendly Design Tools
• Work fast using a single-window interface with a familiar look and feel
• Customize Final Cut Pro titles, effects, and transitions by opening them in Motion
• Create Smart Motion Templates with simple controls for making changes as you edit
• Build stunning 2D and 3D compositions with more than 1900 Apple-designed elements
• Make adjustments to any parameter during playback and instantly see results
Easy Animated Text and Titles
• Design dramatic text effects with complete control over position, opacity, rotation, and more
• Animate text instantly by choosing from more than 200 text behaviors such as Type On
• Build a credit roll by importing a text file; the Scroll behavior optimizes the speed for you
• Move, scale, or rotate a single character with the Adjust Glyph tool
• Ripple text one character, word, or line at a time with the Sequence Text behavior
• Choose from more than 230 behaviors for natural-looking motion without programming
• Enhance your 2D or 3D animations with more than 130 filters using the FxPlug standard
• Track a moving object in a video clip with the point tracking and match move feature
• Create an accurate chroma key in a single step with the new Keying filter
• Apply the Linking behavior to make parameters for one object animate related objects
• Use SmoothCam to eliminate camera jitters, and image stabilization to smooth bumpy shots
• Use third-party FxPlug plug-ins with custom interfaces and dual-GPU support on the new Mac Pro
• Transition from 2D to 3D space by adding a camera or cameras to any 2D project
• Set up realistic shadows that animate dynamically with the movement of cameras and lights
• Turn any shape, video plane, or paint stroke into a reflective surface
• Highlight or de-emphasize various objects by defining a range of focus
• Track objects or groups of objects with the Camera Framing behavior
Quick, High-Quality Output
• Export projects to Apple devices and popular websites such as Vimeo and YouTube
• Choose to output the ProRes 4444 format for uncompressed quality at small file sizes
System Requirements: OS X v10.9 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K), OpenCL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later, 256MB of VRAM (1GB recommended for 4K), 2.75GB of disk space.
What's New in Version 5.1
• Optimized playback and rendering using dual GPUs in the new Mac Pro
• FxPlug 3 with custom plug-in interfaces and dual-GPU support
• Faster project loading, especially for complex projects
• Share directly to YouTube at 4K resolution
• Spanish language localization
Great Application, but needs one thing...
I love motion 5, I have used it in most, if not all of my projects. It has a easy to use interface and you can get the hang of it really easily. For 50$ you’re getting a lot more than you paid for. I’ve also used motion in some of my school projects, (like for designing magazine covers and such) which is where would like to make a suggestion. I think Apple should add a feature at startup where you can select if you’re working with a photo or a video (or just have the option to export as a jpeg). If motion 5 had a picture editing feature that included all the same tools as the video editor I think it would have some really great potential and even be a bit of a competitor to photshop. But overall it’s a great application as is and really worth your 50$.
Great Program-Sad Performance
Since acquiring Motion 5 I have been pleased be the interface and content, you definately are getting your moneys worth. HOWEVER crashes are somewhat frequent when performing certain tasks. It also does not use your computers resources at all. iMovie uses more of your resources than Motion 5, and because of this the interface also has very large lag spikes that are very disappointing, in which the program freezes and doesn’t allow you to perform any tasks. It has been a large problem, but due to its early stages is somewhat “acceptable” when compared to the price of what you got. Just crossing my fingers that these issues will be solved in the future. -Macbook Retina Pro 16GB RAM add-on, 500 GB flash memory. Motion 5 Version 5.1
Motion is amazing.
I use motion for sport cenimotography. Though I agree that the Final Cut suite has its quirks, Motion is truly amazing when it comes to sports video. Motion tracking is easier than ever, and I think that it is incredibly powerful. You can edit the coloration, sharpness, and add your own or pre-installed animations. THIS IS NOT AN ANIMATION PROGRAM. It is an effects/title program. I love it, but others have their opinions.
- Category: Video
- Updated: Dec 19, 2013
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 1.63 GB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2011-2013
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor