Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Designed for video editors, Motion 5 lets you customize Final Cut Pro titles, transitions, and effects. Or create your own dazzling animations in 2D or 3D space, with real-time results as you work.
Editor-Friendly Design Tools
• Work fast using a single-window interface with a familiar look and feel
• Customize Final Cut Pro titles, effects, and transitions by opening them in Motion
• Create Smart Motion Templates with simple controls that you can instantly publish to Final Cut Pro X
• Build stunning 2D and 3D compositions with more than 1900 Apple-designed elements
• Make adjustments to any parameter during playback and instantly see results
2D and 3D Titles
• Use basic templates to get started quickly or choose cinematic templates that include beautiful backgrounds and animations
• Easily animate text by choosing from more than 200 text behaviors such as Type On
• Choose from a large collection of text styles to create stunning looks in one click
• Customize 3D titles with unique materials, lighting, and edges
• Save any title and access it directly in Final Cut Pro X
• Choose from more than 230 behaviors for natural-looking motion without programming
• Track a moving object in a video clip with the point tracking and match move feature
• Create an accurate chroma key in a single step with the Keying filter
• Apply the Linking behavior to make parameters for one object animate related objects
• Use SmoothCam to eliminate camera jitters, and image stabilization to smooth bumpy shots
• Use third-party FxPlug plug-ins with custom interfaces and dual-GPU support on Mac Pro
Effortless 3D Compositions
• Transition from 2D to 3D space by adding a camera or cameras to any 2D project
• Set up realistic shadows that animate dynamically with the movement of cameras and lights
• Turn any shape, video plane, or paint stroke into a reflective surface
• Track objects or groups of objects with the Camera Framing behavior
Breakthrough Speed and Quality
• Dual-GPU optimizations for superior real-time playback performance and faster rendering on Mac Pro
• 64-bit architecture supports deeper, multilayered effects for use in Final Cut Pro
• ColorSync-managed color pipeline produces accurate, consistent color across applications
• Rendering uses floating-point, linear-light color space for exceptionally realistic results
Quick, High-Quality Output
• Export projects to Apple devices and popular websites such as Vimeo and YouTube
• Choose to output ProRes 4444 video for uncompressed quality at small file sizes
• Send to Compressor to access advanced options for custom encoding
System Requirements: 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K), OpenCL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later, 256MB of VRAM (1GB recommended for 4K and 3D Titles), display with 1280-by-768 resolution or higher, 3.5GB of disk space. OS X v10.10.2 or later.
Some features require Internet access; fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs.
What's New in Version 5.2.1
• Fixes an issue in which Photoshop files may be imported with an incorrect color profile
• Fixes an issue that may cause Motion to quit on launch
Introduced in Version 5.2
Requires OS X 10.10.2 or later
Introducing 3D titles
• Beautifully animated and easily customizable 3D text
• Simple templates to get started quickly
• Cinematic templates with built-in backgrounds and animations
• Save any 3D title and access it instantly in Final Cut Pro X
• Large collection of text styles to create stunning looks in one click
• Customize your titles with hundreds of combinations of materials, lighting, and edges
• Additional controls let you adjust environments, shadows, and more
• Instantly convert any 2D title to 3D
• Create advanced 3D looks with multiple materials and edges on each character
• Flexible surface-shading with options for texture maps, diffuse and specular reflection, and bump mapping
• Cast shadows from 3D text onto itself and other objects in a 3D scene
• Add multiple lights, cameras, and tracking to any 3D title
• In-camera glint effects
• Support for sequencing 3D text animations
• 12 new generators including Manga Lines, Sunburst, and Spiral Graphics
• Improved keyframing including copy and paste in the Timeline
• Improved mask and shape creation for rectangles and circles plus conversion to bezier shape for more control
• Easily monitor background Share operations from within Motion
• Improved performance on Intel-based GPUs
• Better performance of FxPlug plug-ins and built-in effects that use multiple frames like Echo and Trails
• Panasonic AVC-Ultra codec family
• Sony XAVC-S
• JVC H.264 Long GOP
I want to rate it higher...
…but the performance leaves much to be desired. I’m running this on my new Mac Pro fully loaded and the performance is pretty bad for what I expected. The RAM preview seems buggy in that it doesn’t preview the entire area I specify. The playback in general whether in the live viewport or RAM preview is slow at best. Far too slow for what this computer can handle. I dont use emitters or any FX, simply imported image sequences and it feels as if I’m on an intel Celeron eMachine from 1996.
I like the software and the fairly easy to use interface but the poor performance just drags this down.
12 Core CPU
64 GB RAM
Worst program ever - Doesn’t even open
I love that I just dropped $50 and the app won’t even open. The first time I opened it I began a project and it crashed. Now it won’t even open after reboot and reinstall. Best $50 I ever spent!!
Avoid this update! Badly Crashes my MacBook Pro !
Apple needs to review this release. Upon launching it for the first time the app crashed so hard on my early 2015 13-inch Macbook Pro that graphics on the computer were completely distorted and I could no longer use my computer. I could no longer read the screen. It looked like a messed up jigsaw puzzle. I opened Motion, loaded a new 3D template showing the earth from space. Pressed play and boom!!! I eventually managed to fumble into a place where I could perform a shutdown and I did. Tried the app again. Boom! Kills my Mac dead. :-(
May 16, 2015 - Another release another train wreck. Crashes almost immediately after I start using it on my new Mac!! I guess it’s time to look for a replacement. Avoid this update! Gosh I hope I have a back up still I’d held on hoping for a successful bug free release - sadly that didn’t happen.
- Category: Video
- Updated: May 14, 2015
- Version: 5.2.1
- Size: 2.20 GB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2011-2015
Compatibility: OS X 10.10.2 or later, 64-bit processor