Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Designed for video editors, Motion 5 lets you customize Final Cut Pro titles, transitions, and effects. Or create your own dazzling animations in 2D or 3D space, with real-time feedback as you work.
Breakthrough Speed and Quality
• Dual-GPU optimizations for superior real-time playback performance and faster rendering on the new Mac Pro
• 64-bit architecture supports deeper, multilayered effects for use in Final Cut Pro
• ColorSync-managed color pipeline produces accurate, consistent color across applications
• Shared Render Engine provides consistent quality with Final Cut Pro and Compressor
• Rendering uses floating-point, linear-light color space for exceptionally realistic results
Editor-Friendly Design Tools
• Work fast using a single-window interface with a familiar look and feel
• Customize Final Cut Pro titles, effects, and transitions by opening them in Motion
• Create Smart Motion Templates with simple controls for making changes as you edit
• Build stunning 2D and 3D compositions with more than 1900 Apple-designed elements
• Make adjustments to any parameter during playback and instantly see results
Easy Animated Text and Titles
• Design dramatic text effects with complete control over position, opacity, rotation, and more
• Animate text instantly by choosing from more than 200 text behaviors such as Type On
• Build a credit roll by importing a text file; the Scroll behavior optimizes the speed for you
• Move, scale, or rotate a single character with the Adjust Glyph tool
• Ripple text one character, word, or line at a time with the Sequence Text behavior
• Choose from more than 230 behaviors for natural-looking motion without programming
• Enhance your 2D or 3D animations with more than 130 filters using the FxPlug standard
• Track a moving object in a video clip with the point tracking and match move feature
• Create an accurate chroma key in a single step with the new Keying filter
• Apply the Linking behavior to make parameters for one object animate related objects
• Use SmoothCam to eliminate camera jitters, and image stabilization to smooth bumpy shots
• Use third-party FxPlug plug-ins with custom interfaces and dual-GPU support on the new Mac Pro
• Transition from 2D to 3D space by adding a camera or cameras to any 2D project
• Set up realistic shadows that animate dynamically with the movement of cameras and lights
• Turn any shape, video plane, or paint stroke into a reflective surface
• Highlight or de-emphasize various objects by defining a range of focus
• Track objects or groups of objects with the Camera Framing behavior
Quick, High-Quality Output
• Export projects to Apple devices and popular websites such as Vimeo and YouTube
• Choose to output the ProRes 4444 format for uncompressed quality at small file sizes
System Requirements: OS X v10.9.2 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K), OpenCL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later, 256MB of VRAM (1GB recommended for 4K), 2.85GB of disk space.
What's New in Version 5.1.2
What’s New in Version 5.1.2
• Fixes reliability issues when burning a Blu-ray Disc or creating a Blu-ray disk image
Introduced in Version 5.1.1
• Support for Apple ProRes 4444 XQ
• Improved Sequence Text behavior for animating characters, words, and lines
• Enhanced Contrast filter parameters for refined adjustments
About a half a year ago I decided to purchase Motion to add a little something extra to my video projects - and I’ve been extremely happy with it’s depth and capabilities! At first, I was happy just to add scrolling text and fly-in titles but now that I’ve gotten a chance to really dig in to this app (along with the help of some tutorials from MacProVideo and the Apple site), the sky is the limit!. The few third party plug-ins I’ve tried are incredible too and really stepped up my learning curve by being able to take them apart and see how real professionals build animations and layered effects. I was so used to keyframing everything (and I still use key framing) but the list of generators, behaviors and particle emitters does a lot of the hard work for you, with easy to use GUI too. Best 50 bucks I ever spent!
Most underrated App
After just giving iPhotto a scathing review, I felt like I had to swing the pendulum the other way with something. This thing is a hidden gem. I don't do motion graphics professionally (I’m a musician) but I just love using this program. The GUI is very intuitive. Crashes every once in awhile but so do most things. I wanted to start dabling in visuals, but I knew I couldn’t do that with the exorbitant $ and handcuffing schemes of AE/Adobe CC. But apparently the real time processing of Motion crushes AE’s. I’m so glad I plopped down a measley 50 bucks for this thing. Would love to see this program get developed further with true 3D, and some other things. Good job Apple!
Very useful app
I have used Motion for about 2 years now professionally. I usually use Motion in our pipeline along side AE and other 3D programs for VFX / motion graphics work. While it is no AE, the strongest area it has are the replicators. For $50 we are able to do things in Motion that would have otherwise cost us more money for several plugins in AE. I think Motion is a very under rated app, but it has some strong capabilities. I wish Apple would spend some more time developing the software since it has the potential to become a great all-around program.
- Category: Video
- Updated: Aug 19, 2014
- Version: 5.1.2
- Size: 1.68 GB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2011-2014
Compatibility: OS X 10.9.2 or later, 64-bit processor