MotionX 24/7: Sleep Cycle Alarm, Snore, Apnea, Heart Rate Monitor, Weight Loss, Activity Tracker
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
-Joel Mathis, Macworld
"I recommend this app to everyone"
-Robert Nelson, Technology Tell
"This app works wonderfully"
-Lori Gil, AppAdvice
MotionX-24/7 is the first professional level activity tracker and sleep monitor for the iPhone. 24/7 encapsulates seven years of research and development in the biomechanics of natural human motion and sleep optimization. 24/7 is the first solution for the iPhone that measures and correlates resting heart rate, includes advanced sleep cycle monitoring with smart alarms, snore recording, and power naps, and incorporates "Get Active" alerts. All these tools help improve sleep in a natural and non-invasive manner.
• The most advanced and accurate sleep-cycle alarm solution for the iPhone
• Record snoring or other background noises while you sleep
• Measure and correlate resting heart rate with sleep quality
• Set smart alarms for optimal length power-naps
• Advanced automatic Get Active alerts
• Monitor & analyze your sleep cycles
• Wake up refreshed and rested at the optimal time in your sleep cycle
• Visualize sleep: see your light sleep, deep sleep, and total sleep times
• Relax and fall asleep to white noise or music, auto-fades out after you fall asleep
WAKE UP REFRESHED
• Intelligent alarm clock wakes you up refreshed and rested at the optimal time in your sleep cycle
• Multiple alarms, snooze, vibration
• Wake up to your favorite iPod song, or one of many built-in sounds of nature
HEART RATE MONITOR
• Use your iPhone's camera to detect the pulse from your fingertip
• Similar to the technique used by pulse oximeters
• Record resting heart rate and correlate with sleep quality
BE MORE ACTIVE
• Accurately track daily steps and calories burned
• Set up "Get Active" alerts to let you know when you've been idle for too long
• Track your weight as you make progress toward your goals
NOTE: Placing your iPhone on a solid surface such as the floor or a table while recording sleep causes MotionX to become highly sensitive to movement. This level of sensitivity is required for users sleeping on a motion-absorbing mattress (such as Tempur-Pedic). However, with the iPhone on the floor or table, noise from the accelerometer sensor can be registered as sleep cycles resulting in a random sleep graph and random sleep statistics.
Ensure that you place your iPhone according to the instructions, either in bed or in an armband, so that MotionX can accurately monitor your sleep and wake you at the optimal time. Please see the in-app guidance for placement tips.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
MotionX is committed to constant improvement. We always listen to our users and continuously add the most requested features. We appreciate your feedback!
What's New in Version 8.1
Bug fixes and optimizations.
Pretty good, worth the time & Money
Generally, pretty good, and worth the price, the space on your phone, and the battery it eats. This despite some glitches.
Pros: useful information you WANT to know: tracks your sleep, walks, weight, heart rate.
Nice interface generally.
Sometimes misses steps, and sleep state - I see a graph if my step-tracking that shows not a single step for hours, where I know I have walked about 1/2 a mile ...
Same for sleep: sometimes I wake up, get out of bed, come back after some minutes - and the app thinks I was in deep sleep the whole time.
But - Not a lot is missed, and results still useful, hence my 4-star review
1. Most sleep descriptions talk of 3
States of sleep - light, deep, and
REM. this app shows only Light/deep
2. Weight graph is not scaled to your
Actual measurements, so graph
Tends to be almost a flat line despite
Changes at the +/- 3-4 lb scale
This is a good app for making yourself aware of your sleep health, but I wish MotionX provided more info/help/feedback on ways to use the app. Example: I've been looking for info on how to use the app to more closely gauge my sleep time. How does the app know I'm asleep and not just laying in bed (I have insomnia and I wake up 5-6 times each night - and I document my awake time on paper, so I know it's correct), the app shows this as Light Sleep, which gives me an incorrect sleep total each day, so I wanted to ask questions to the folks at MotionX but couldn't find support.
If you're a "normal" sleeper then this app will work good for you.
Pretty solid app!
I have been using this since a little after Christmas when I got an iTunes gift card. And oh man so worth the money! Knowing how many hours of sleep you get per night and how many steps is pretty cool too. I have it on my itouch 4gen so I can't use a few of the settings but it's still solid. Only reason I put 4 stars for it is because there are a few bugs from time to time, but don't mess with it the program too much. If you are looking for a sleep cycle app I'd suggest this one. It does make a good $.99 alarm though(; hope this review helps you. :)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Feb 18, 2014
- Version: 8.1
- Size: 33.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fullpower Technologies, Inc.
- © 2003-2014 Fullpower Technologies, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.