MotionX GPS Drive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The #1 rated iPhone and iPad navigation solution.
#1 MotionX-GPS Drive named "Best iPhone App for Drivers" by Total Car Score
#1 "Hands-down my favorite navigator for the iPhone" -Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
#1 "My favorite is MotionX GPS Drive." - Dave Caolo, The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
#1 "packed with features..." -Walt Mossberg, The Wall Street Journal
#1 "Hands-Down the best value in GPS Apps" -Gizmodo.com
#1 About.com Readers' Choice Award Winner: Best Auto Navigation App
LIMITED TIME OFFER: One year of Voice Guidance now 60% off!
The Best and Easiest Driving GPS, Always Live, Always Up-to-Date
For less than $1 per month:
• Map data is always up-to-date
• Real-time and predictive traffic-based routing and guidance
• Best INRIX traffic with free live traffic flow maps
• Community contributed road alerts and reporting for accidents, hazards, police location, weather, and more
• Visual lane assistance for complex intersections and freeway junctions
• Live local speed limits displayed with the car's actual speed
• Multi-stop planning and routing
• Pre-load maps for offline use
• Use AirDrop for iOS 7 to share your destination with friends
• Multiple voice choices including fun options and HD synthesized voices
• Facebook and Twitter integration
• Local Search and Wikipedia integration for rich and up-to-date content
• Urban route planning with pedestrian navigation
• Full support for portrait and landscape mode
• Parking spot marker
• Live compass
• Fast easy download from your iPhone or iPad!
Complete U.S. and Canada Coverage.
Includes 30 Days of free Real-time Turn-by-Turn Navigation with Live Voice Guidance and live INRIX traffic
• After the 30 day period, continue using real-time navigation any time by making an in-app purchase. Choose either 30-days or 1-year.
• Access purchases on multiple iPhones or iPads for households with multiple users
• In-app purchases are non-recurring with no automatic charges
Live Voice Guidance gives you:
• Real-time turn-by-turn voice guidance with high-quality spoken street names, fully integrated with the iPhone music player
• Live over-the-air maps and real-time navigation
• Cached routes and maps for optimal performance
• Predictive live traffic for optimal routing
• Details about traffic incidents, construction, and events
Please note the core application provides a great driving experience without any further purchase, including full access to search, routing, 3D maps, pedestrian navigation, and community contributed road alerts.
MotionX uses the latest TomTom maps, Apple search, and live predictive traffic information from INRIX to deliver the most complete navigation solution designed exclusively for the iPhone.
MotionX-GPS Drive is compatible with the iPhone and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular models. iPod touch and iPad models without cellular/GPS capability require an external GPS receiver.
Continued use of any GPS service running in the background can significantly decrease battery life.
MotionX is committed to passing on to our customers the best possible pricing for guidance services and turn-by-turn routing. We ourselves must pay the Map and traffic suppliers and therefore must charge a minimum fee for this service. We focus on providing the best value for quality information.
MotionX is committed to constant improvement. We listen to our users and continuously add the most requested features.
What's New in Version 17.2
Optimizations and bug fixes.
The best of 4 navigation apps I've tried!
Best GPS app EVER. Especially like the big buttons .. No other app has that. Makes it much easier to use on the road. The maps look better than the others. I've tried TomTom, Waze, & Navigon and after using them each for a while, I now prefer Motion-X GPS Drive. The app was free and the cost to keep voice navigation active is minimal and having the app is well worth the cost.
Navigon takes 2nd place - Great at routing around traffic but maps are ugly and controls are too small. Cost for app & keeping maps updated is too much $$. Weird placement of street names on the maps, makes it annoying to identify some streets.
Waze takes 3rd place - Cool network of users reporting traffic, cops, etc. but they have an issue where the saved favorites won't stay in the order that you put them in. I arranged my 50+ waypoints in alphabetical order twice but Waze keeps scrambling them - too hard too find them, buhbye Waze.
TomTom takes last place - Ugly map graphics and POI searches were too difficult. Clunky interface. They charge money for this?
Motion-X GPS Drive does everything right and is the best I've tried IMHO.
Best GPS app
This GPS app is awesome!!! I've had a Tom Tom, a VERY expensive Magellan, and have tried many other GPS apps, and this one beats them all, hands down! It's very user friendly, easy to read, has NEVER misdirected me (unlike many other GPS systems), and gives directional prompts in the perfect amount of time so you don't miss your turn or turn too soon. It comes with a lot of great options that, while the other individual GPS units may have, most apps either don't have or charge extra for. Whenever I'm with a group of people and we all pull out our phones to find a place, it's my GPS that we always end up using, either because mine finds it quicker or theirs doesn't even find what we were looking for! The customer service is also very prompt and courteous. I've only had to deal with them once regarding my auto-renewal subscription; I was expecting a huge hassle because it was an app and very inexpensive, but they were wonderful to deal with. I'd highly recommend this app to anyone, and in fact, have to many family and friends.
Great gps for the price
2014--completed my Route 66 and GCNP tour of Arizona and again I'm completed satisfied. I used settings so I can drive the scenic byways by using direct routes. And use freeways to avoid it.
Pre-loading maps / routes helped in the areas with no cell coverage. I use the app exclusively for driving and use other free apps for addresses not in system yet as POI.
Update: Used this app exclusively for my road trip ( Wyoming, South Dakota, Minneapolis ) and it guided me perfectly! I never looked at a map because the app was so superior in routing my travel. There wasn't any questionable roads to travel and I felt confident following the route planned.
Been using the to find locations for my job and it's a great help! Can't wait to try it on my road trip to the mid-west next year. The company support is great and will love the lane assist.
I've been using the app in Hawaii for about a month and it gets me to where I want like my tomtom. The cost and reviews on forums is what lead me to try it out. Once you get familiar to its working, it's great. One giant advantage is you don't have to worry about out of date maps and the associated cost. I was just going to purchase the monthly subscription for when I traveled. But the years subscription price is worth it!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Sep 13, 2014
- Version: 17.2
- Size: 40.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fullpower Technologies, Inc.
- © 2003-2014 Fullpower Technologies, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1 Year of Live Voice Guidance$9.99
- 30 Days of Live Voice Guidance$2.99
- MotionX GPS Drive Live Voice Guidance$8.99
- The Cougar$0.99
- The London East-Ender$0.99
- External Display Package$24.99