DMV Prep™ is the most comprehensive test prep platform available. Since 2009 we've helped more than 600,000 students pass their driver license written exam.
This test covers the USA Motorcycle license/permit knowledge exam. Also included are the three-wheel supplement, which is required by some states, and hand signals.
These practice questions are based on the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Motorcycle Operator Manual, which has been adopted by more than half of US states.
Study aids included:
- Motorcycle license/permit practice test with 160 questions
- California Supplement
- Texas Supplement
- Road signs with 120 questions
- Preview answers to all practice questions
- Bookmark questions for later study
- Study mode has immediate answer checking and explanations
- Share questions on Facebook to get help from friends
- Questions are not repeated until a topic is complete
- Practice tests are saved automatically and can be restarted at any time
Practice questions are available in English only.
Made in U.S.A.
- We've redesigned the main screen to give you easier access to the many study aids we offer
- Many questions have been edited and new questions added
- Updated to the latest Motorcycle Safety Foundation standards
Ratings and Reviews
Let me first say that this app is helpful and decent. I am glad I bought it, as I've learned more from using it than I did reading the 44-page CA Motorcycle Handbook. The only real issue I have with the app is that wrong answers are very hard to discern when you grade the test, as they're presented using the same beige text as the correct answers. I think the grading should show correct answers in green and wrong answers in red so they stand out, which is why I gave the app 4 stars instead of 5. Otherwise, I strongly recommend the app.
That said, I just came back from the DMV and failed the CA test with 5 incorrect answers. (You may have 4 out of 18 incorrect answers in CA.) I knew I was screwed the moment the actual test was put in front of me. Why? While I could easily get 100% correct on this app (out of 130 questions + the 11 California supplemental questions), this app's questions are far too coherent when compared to the actual test's.
California's test is incoherent, asinine, and more than merely misleading. There are usually two answers that *could* be correct, but one is slightly *more* correct than the other.
So, while I recommend this app for its contribution of knowledge, you are still likely to fail the actual test in the State of California because you will be unprepared for the horrible questions in the real life test.
Fits the purpose but badly executed app
It sure helps to learn, but the navigation is very poor - prompts to switch between pages to find out the correct answer, makes you think that developers didn't bother to try the app themselves.
It also gave me at least two incorrect answers! (first encouraged to accelerate from the intersection if you have bad visibility of the traffic, second claimed that front brake accounts to only one quarter of braking power).
Contains wrong answers
I started to see really weird answers with this app. For example: To reduce the amount of time it takes you to react, you should: Pull the clutch while turning. This is absolutely ludicrous advice. I googled to make sure I wasn't going insane - this is quite obviously a really, really bad thing to do mid turn - and sure enough I found DMV tests telling you the answer was to cover your brakes and clutch. So beware of what this app is teaching you.
- Kelvin Beecroft
- 21.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Russian
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Cocoa Press
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.