By Motorola Mobility LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Make Push-To-Talk Calls Across the Country with MOTOTALK
MOTOTALK is a smartphone Push-To-Talk 2-way radio app that lets users communicate with individuals or a group via Push to Talk (PTT) wherever Wi-Fi®, 4G or 3G service is available. MOTOTALK communicates with any active iDEN PTT phone or with any carrier’s smartphone that has MOTOTALK activated.
IMPORTANT: A SouthernLINC Wireless account is required to activate MOTOTALK service. There is a monthly subscription fee for this service. Contact a SouthernLINC Wireless sales representative, authorized dealer or Customer Support at 1-800-406-0151 for pricing and account activation information.
Making and answering a MOTOTALK call is easy:
To make a call, just select a person or a talk group from your contacts list and press the on-screen PTT button to begin a call.
With MOTOTALK, you have the option of sending an Alert, turning off your phone’s speaker for a private conversation, or pressing the PTT button to begin a call.
MOTOTALK PTT features include:
- Unlimited individual PTT Calling and Unlimited Talk Group Calling
- Call Alert tone
- Cross Fleet functionality
- Ability to import PTT contacts from a phone’s directory
- Make calls with MOTOTALK users
- Send voice notes with great audio quality
- Make full duplex calls and keep your hands free
- Improved audio quality with low bandwidth usage
- Dynamic group calls up to 50 people
- Call quality indication
- Share your location with your friends
MOTOTALK Application Requirements:
- Must be loaded on a compatible Device: iPad, iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6 plus, 6s, 6s plus, iPod Touch 4 and 5
- The operating system must be Apple iOS 7 or later software version
- The device must have at least 30MB of available storage
- You must have an active SouthernLINC Wireless line of service to establish a MOTOTALK account
- Requires a high-speed connection: 3G/4G or Wi-Fi access
What's New in Version 4.4.0
Minor UI improvements and general bug fixes
App good. Some usability suggestions.
One less device now. Works mostly... pretty well. Call quality good.
1. Please add a setting to sort the in-app contact list by last name.
2. Please add the ability to export/save (and import/restore) the in-app contact list to survive phone loss or upgrade or app reinstall.
3. Stop relying on app being "running" to work. Other apps don't require this. App quits itself sometimes 2-3 times a day. I must manually restart app to receive PTT calls.
4. STOP SIGNING ME OUT!!! I don't have another device, and I'm not signing in using another device. Then I have to fill in 4 fields to sign back in every time. This happens 2-3 times a week.
The app's bugs, irritations, and deficiencies far outweigh its usefulness. 1 star for irritation.
I have tried multiple times to contact developers.
Response: Your input is not needed.
I believe it is. As a developer, I'd be embarrassed if this was mine.
Well, when you leave the app open and your phone active, it works well and sounds clear. But if you lock your screen, check your email, etc. you will receive the annoying pop up declaring that you have force closed the app, and can no longer receive incoming ptt calls. And there doesn't seem to be anything you can do about it. Very disappointing. Having to use the PTT button on the screen rather than a physical button is annoying too, but a minor gripe compared to the force close issue.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Oct 10, 2016
- Version: 4.4.0
- Size: 40.7 MB
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Motorola Mobility LLC
- © 2014 Motorola Mobility LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.