MOTOTALK is a smartphone Push-To-Talk 2-way radio app that lets users communicate with individuals or a group via Push to Talk (PTT) wherever Wi-Fi®, 4G or 3G service is available. MOTOTALK communicates with any active iDEN PTT phone or with any carrier’s smartphone that has MOTOTALK activated.
Making and answering a MOTOTALK call is easy:
To make a call, just select a person or a talk group from your contacts list and press the on-screen PTT button to begin a call.
With MOTOTALK, you have the option of sending an Alert, turning off your phone’s speaker for a private conversation, or pressing the PTT button to begin a call.
MOTOTALK PTT features include:
- Unlimited individual PTT Calling and Unlimited Talk Group Calling
- Call Alert tone
- Cross Fleet functionality
- Ability to import PTT contacts from a phone’s directory
- HD (High Definition) Voice. Both users on a call need to be on the latest version of MOTOTALK to take advantage of HD voice.
- Make calls with MOTOTALK users
- Send voice notes
- Improved audio quality with low bandwidth usage
- Dynamic group calls up to 50 users
- Share your location;
- Share multiples images, photos and files with your friends or groups
- Ability to join an ongoing PTT call in group
MOTOTALK Application Requirements:
- You must have an supported and active carrier line of service to establish a MOTOTALK account
- Requires a high-speed connection: 3G/4G or Wi-Fi access
Thanks for using MOTOTALK! Here is what's new:
- Take advantage of improvements on the security and missed calls notifications.
- See the status of your friends
- Share content from other apps
- Select multiple files/images/contacts when sharing
- Ability to join an ongoing group PTT call
- Share contacts with other users and on groups
- View status of contents sent on a group
- Add a new member to a group from other screens
- Set vibration mode for calls
- Improved Stability
Ratings and Reviews
MotoTalk - iPhone 7
iPhone 7, iOS 11.1.2
Hard to beat if you need to talk with groups irregardless of their cellular carrier.
Had to remove the app. The battery drain was just too much for me.
I like this app after the recent update that fixed the problems. However I do not like the new layout. The previous app layout could be operated from recent to setting to contact with one hand. For us right handed people it's difficult to reach to menu button in the upper left then select from the menu. Also quick menu buttons were handy at the bottom and it was quicker to operate. This app was a great idea so I don't have to carry 2 phones now. My rating is based on the layout changes.
Well, when you leave the app open and your phone active, it works well and sounds clear. But if you lock your screen, check your email, etc. you will receive the annoying pop up declaring that you have force closed the app, and can no longer receive incoming ptt calls. And there doesn't seem to be anything you can do about it. Very disappointing. Having to use the PTT button on the screen rather than a physical button is annoying too, but a minor gripe compared to the force close issue.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.