To use this product, your company must have a Motus App subscription.
The Motus App gives you access to your Motus account on the go. Modify your business mileage log from anywhere – and enjoy the freedom to spend time on what’s most important in your day. IRS-compliant mileage logs are instantly created and saved in the cloud, so you’ll have peace of mind in case of an audit.
- Add, edit, or delete trips
- Submit your mileage for reimbursement directly from within the app
- Access your IRS-compliant mileage log any time, any place
- View monthly mileage history
- Integration with most CRM, HR and Workforce Management systems
For those employers who have enabled GPS capabilities, the Motus App will automatically record business stops, populate location details, and calculate trip-by-trip mileage. In addition to the key features listed above, GPS-enabled users benefit from the following:
- “Set it and forget it” - set your business hours to automatically track business mileage throughout your day
- Automatic detection of business stops
- Auto-population of address, location name, and other company-provided custom fields
- Map view shows the day’s route and stops
- Stop and trip durations are captured
- Application of appropriate commute deductions
- User-initiated option - allows you to turn off automatic tracking and record business mileage by clicking start/stop for each business trip
- Optional push notifications remind you to begin/end mileage recording each day
- Location-based push notifications remind you to input any trip details
- Route planning & optimization helps increase route efficiency
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Motus has been designed to limit GPS and battery usage, but we recommend charging your device while driving to extend battery power.
For those of you on a company fleet vehicle program, you can now submit your miles right within the app!
Ratings and Reviews
I’d give this zero stars if I could. Regardless of the mode you use, there are issues. If you use the “automatic” setting, it will record “mileage” for just walking around within a location. If you use “beacon” mode, it may not start first trip of the day - Motus fix is you have to “manually start recording” so, add that to the long list of things to do/remember each morning... Also with beacon, it senses other people’s beacons so if you ride with a co-worker also with a beacon, your app will record mileage. If you enter mileage manually, there are discrepancies galore - most notable, you make a round trip to a single destination and the mileage amount it uses for your initial trip is 1-2 miles different than your return trip, despite using same address. Finally, the customer service: might as well be non-existent. 5+ business days for any kind of action/response is ridiculous. This is probably reflective of the myriad of issues with this platform listed above or that are yet to happen. The only positive is the app itself is user friendly, just the whole point/premise of the technology is complete garbage. If you plan to use this, hope you enjoy being frustrated and wasting time.
Program is not reliable. Plain and simple. I’m not one of the family and friends who submitted an app review of five stars for this app, because it doesn’t deserve more than one. However there is nothing quite like driving a bunch of miles, the app not tracking them, going in and entering in your mileage manually, getting shorted a bunch of miles, and then sitting there and having to figure out the difference in the amount of miles the app shorted you. Then you have to request the mileage you were shorted from Motus, With a written explanation of how their app tried to short you out of your money.
Just write down your odometer mileage at the end of every day, and don’t waste your time with this app.
Last several updates has resolved an issue where saved locations was taking an extended time to load
Last update was for iPhone X compatibility. App now displays in full screen but the menu buttons in top right corner bleed into phones menu bar and take several taps to work. Green button at bottom also bleeds into phones swipe up dash causing issues with either/or functions
- Motus, LLC
- 60.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Motus, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.