By Recreational Equipment, Inc
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Beyond the Guidebook: The Definitive Rock Climbing Resource.
• Find outdoor climbing areas near you, and navigate to them, using the map. This super-handy new feature is one of our personal faves.
• The much requested route finder: Easily sort routes by discipline, difficulty, star ranking and more. If a 4-star M9 is your thing, we'll help you find it.
• Search our entire database of 155,000+ climbing routes, even offline.
• Download route beta, photos, and topos state by state for offline use — because the best crags often have the worst reception.
• View a climbing area’s route stats (how many 5.11s are there?) and critical info (when is the raptor closure again?) in a single glance.
• Chat, ask questions, or put out a call for partners in our forum.
• Rate routes and photos, keep track of attempts & sends, or make a to-do list
• It's free to download and free of advertising too. Everything you need, nothing you don't.
• Terms of Service: http://www.mountainproject.com/scripts/TermsOfUse.php
What's New in Version 4.1.0
- Area bookmarks are finally back. Select bookmark from any area and it will show up above your downloaded areas on the home screen. We are sorry we took this feature away and promise not to do it again.
- Bug fixes and improvements
For climbers, there is really nothing else unless you want to pay the money for a guide book everywhere you go. Mountain project really has an amazing amount of climbing to look into and find for what it is.
The only reason I didn’t do a full 5 stars would be the apps user friendliness. It has been getting consistently better but in my opinion one of the biggest benefits of the app is photos and often my app glitches and won’t save the photos even after they are downloaded for offline viewing (most places I climb don’t have service).
Other than that they have made some other big improvements like book marking and i hope more people continue to use it so it can be even more useful.
Hard to use.
The basic of route searching are ok, not great. The rest of the app is pretty opaque and not intuitive, despite what seems to be years of similar comments on the lack of usability.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Oct 30, 2017
- Version: 4.1.0
- Size: 119 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Recreational Equipment, Inc
- © Mountain Project Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.