Move - Daily activity to stay healthy
By Kevin Holesh
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
### Previously ranked #1 in the App Store Health & Fitness. BOOM! ###
Daily activity reminder for a healthier you.
Move is the anti-workout app. Staying healthy doesn't have to mean waking up at 5:30am and sweating your tail off. You can spread it out throughout the day.
The new Move v2.0
• Get reminded every so often to stand up and do a tiny exercise
• Over 300 random workouts keep it exciting (more added every day)
• Create a healthy habit through occasional reminders
• Pick when you do workouts and how often
• Take a break (really busy today, skip it…)
• Choose your reminder sound
• Turn specific exercises on and off (I have burpees turned off :-)
• Create your own exercises to be absolutely anything you want
• Office - 80+ coworker-friendly exercises you won't be embarassed to do at work. In fact, no one will know you're even doing them.
• Beginner - Never really exercised before? Not a problem. Use this pack to get into the swing of things. Start easy with these 70+ simple exercises.
• Yoga - Open up your body and your mind with 50+ simple poses. These poses help you focus, wake up, and warm up your muscles.
• Stretch - Use these 30+ stretches to warm up your muscles and keep them young. Great for people who sit in the same position day after day.
••••• Why I made Move •••••
I'm a computer programmer. I sit in a chair all day and stare at a glowing rectangle. That isn't what humans are designed to do. I created Move to solve my own problem and remind me to stretch or get my heart rate up throughout the day. This helps keep my body active and makes me feel better at the end of the day.
I created this app to encourage me to lead a healthier lifestyle. I hope it does the same for you.
Walking icon by Dmitriy Lagunov from The Noun Project
What's New in Version 2.2
Improves VoiceOver support
Perfect for getting me more active in the office and in life!
Recently I've been trying to live a healthier life in every aspect–nutrition, fitness/activity, emotionally, mentally, etc. I work full time at an office sitting behind a desk for 8 hours a day. I have become well aware of how detrimental this can be to my physical self, remaining so inactive on a constant basis. So I was curious about how to get more active and stand up & get moving more at work. I just needed a way to remember to do so! I got this app 2 days ago and am already LOVING it–so simple, and just what I need. Every 30 minutes (I got to select the time increment) I get a reminder to Move, so I stand up, walk a lap around the office, then go to a secluded hallway to complete the prompted exercise. These exercises are simple enough that I can do them at work quickly without expending too much energy (not like running a mile, just simple things like wall sits, crunches, push ups, and fun things like dancing and doing the Macarena!) Again, I cannot say how much I love this app and how much it is already helping me. I would highly recommend it!
This might actually work!
Had it for only a couple of days but I'm really liking it and believe it had some real potential to make a difference in my fitness! Like the videos, the customization, the reminders and the built in timer. Could quibble on the inability to remove incorrectly entered exercises from the log, the timer is a bit odd and doesn't seem to take into account timing for each side, BUT overall I'm impressed and encouraged!
great app! but…
this app really should have connectivity and synchronization with other apps like Health and MyFitnessPal. that would only make it more powerful.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Aug 13, 2014
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 2.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kevin Holesh
- © Kevin Holesh
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Everything Pack$2.99
- Office Exercise Pack$0.99
- Beginner Exercise Pack$0.99
- Stretch Exercise Pack$0.99
- Yoga Exercise Pack$0.99