Move - Daily activity to stay healthy
By Kevin Holesh
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
### Previously ranked #1 in the App Store Health & Fitness. BOOM! ###
Daily activity reminder for a healthier you.
Move is the anti-workout app. Staying healthy doesn't have to mean waking up at 5:30am and sweating your tail off. You can spread it out throughout the day.
The new Move v2.0
• Get reminded every so often to stand up and do a tiny exercise
• Over 300 random workouts keep it exciting (more added every day)
• Create a healthy habit through occasional reminders
• Pick when you do workouts and how often
• Take a break (really busy today, skip it…)
• Choose your reminder sound
• Turn specific exercises on and off (I have burpees turned off :-)
• Create your own exercises to be absolutely anything you want
• Office - 80+ coworker-friendly exercises you won't be embarassed to do at work. In fact, no one will know you're even doing them.
• Beginner - Never really exercised before? Not a problem. Use this pack to get into the swing of things. Start easy with these 70+ simple exercises.
• Yoga - Open up your body and your mind with 50+ simple poses. These poses help you focus, wake up, and warm up your muscles.
• Stretch - Use these 30+ stretches to warm up your muscles and keep them young. Great for people who sit in the same position day after day.
••••• Why I made Move •••••
I'm a computer programmer. I sit in a chair all day and stare at a glowing rectangle. That isn't what humans are designed to do. I created Move to solve my own problem and remind me to stretch or get my heart rate up throughout the day. This helps keep my body active and makes me feel better at the end of the day.
I created this app to encourage me to lead a healthier lifestyle. I hope it does the same for you.
Walking icon by Dmitriy Lagunov from The Noun Project
What's New in Version 2.2
Improves VoiceOver support
How about integrating with the iOS 8 Health app?
It would be great to see this app's contribution to my daily calories!
I wish it counted exercises per day
This really good, helps keep workouts from becoming boring. My only wish is that it counted theexercises you did in a day and displayed them somewhere, maybe next to the calories. Even cooler if on the completed screen it could keep track of the total exercises you have done - that would be very motivating!
Waste of time and money
I own another app from the same person (Moment) which has been really helpful, so I gave this one a shot. I looked through the list of exercises and realized some would be hard for me right now, and many were unfamiliar to me. All the list has is a number of reps and the name of the exercise. No explanations of what the exercises are or instructions how to do them. Because I trust the app maker, I bought the Beginner's Pack for 99 cents, thinking that at least they would be easier or more familiar. It's another list of reps and exercises, many of which are variations on the free list, or the exact same with less reps. Honestly, I felt ripped off. I saw there was a custom exercise option, and thought I could salvage the purchase that way - nope, you only get access to custom exercises if you buy the 4 pack of lists for $2.99.
I'm more disappointed than angry - I was hoping this app would live up to the quality of the other, but instead it's getting deleted and I'm out 99 cents.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Aug 13, 2014
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 2.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kevin Holesh
- © Kevin Holesh
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Everything Pack$2.99
- Office Exercise Pack$0.99
- Beginner Exercise Pack$0.99
- Stretch Exercise Pack$0.99
- Yoga Exercise Pack$0.99