By Mihaela Popescu
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
— Launch SALE! 50% OFF for a limited time —
Cut and paste files in the Finder. Merge folders!
moveAddict provides a functionality the Finder was missing, the ability to move files using the keyboard. It’s meant to replace dragging and dropping for anyone that would rather use the keyboard instead of the mouse.
How it works:
- Step 1: Cut. Select the files you want to move and cut them (by using the keyboard shortcut or the menu icon). During this step, moveAddict simply remembers the location of the files, it does not change them in any way. If you forget to paste the files, nothing happens, they are perfectly safe at their original location.
- Step 2: Paste. Use the keyboard shortcut or the menu icon to initiate the move. During this step, moveAddict will move the files you cut to the folder you have open.
- Merge folders. While moving folders, if moveAddict detects that you are trying to replace a folder, it lets you choose whether you want to completely replace the folder or merge the two.
- Familiar keyboard shortcuts. You can use CMD-X and CMD-V as your shortcuts or you can choose your own.
- Easy to configure. The moment you run moveAddict, you can start cutting and pasting files. However, if you’d like to change something, you can do it in the preferences.
What's New in Version 2.2.7
- Fixed a bug which sometimes caused moveAddict to stop working.
I can't live without this utility on my computer. It's ability to move and merge folders is quick and intelligent, but there is a bug lately that has something to do with window focus and Lion/Mountain Lion that prevents the shortcut keys from working. I put the blame on Apple, not the developer, but it would be nice to know if the bug is being worked on.
Not working on Lion
I purchased this specifically for the merge folder feature but it doesn't look like it's working unless I actually click on the toolbar icon and click on Cut and Paste.. I cannot use the short cut keys.. I have tried re-assigning these keys to a short cut that doesn't already exist just to be sure there isn't a clash but I simply cannot get it to work
Rip off, does not work in Yosemite
completely useless, can’t install icons, copy, cut or paste. Ripoff
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Aug 04, 2012
- Version: 2.2.7
- Size: 2.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mihaela Popescu
- © Mihaela Popescu
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later