Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Moves automatically tracks your everyday exercise, commuting and time spent in important places. Just carry your phone in your pocket or bag.
NEW IN MOVES 2.5: A Complete Exercise Diary!
• Over 60 new activity types
• New activities are not (yet) automatically recognized, but easy to add
• Automatically tracks walking, cycling and running
• Recognizes the places in your daily life
• Shows your day as a simple storyline
• Plots your routes on a map
• Step counter (pedometer)
• Calories burned for each activity
• Support for the M7 co-processor in iPhone 5s
More features available from the Connected Apps catalog.
Seeing your everyday life in a new way can motivate you to move more. Set simple goals (e.g. 10,000 steps a day) and start with small changes that can lead to a fitter lifestyle and healthier habits.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Moves has been designed to use GPS and other sensors sparingly. The app relies mostly on acceleration data, cell tower and Wi-Fi locations. The Battery Saving Mode will further minimize battery consumption when stationary in a place.
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT IOS 7
Moves needs to run continuously in the background to track your activities:
1. Ensure that you have BACKGROUND APP REFRESH turned ON for Moves (iPhone Settings > General > Background App Refresh)
2. If you close Moves in the multitasking view by swiping up (this is the view you get by double-pressing the home button), Moves will be turned off until you open the app yourself again.
Category icons are the copyrights of Foursquare Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 2.6
• Make activities automatic by place: e.g. get ‘gym training’ when you visit the gym
• Flights recognition (even when the phone is off!)
• Account and data deletion
More than just a fitness app
When I first got my iPhone 5s, this was one of the recommended apps that I downloaded. I have been using it consistently since then, I love how frequently they update the app.
It has a clean, simple interface, which I love, and they update it regularly. Not only does it allow me to see how much I walk or run during the day, but as a computer consultant that spends a lot of time in other people's homes, and on the move between appointments, it allows me to remind myself how long I spent at a certain job when the invoicing time comes.
More than once I have had a client argue with me as to when I arrived and when I left, only to pull out my phone, top on moves, and show them exactly when I arrived, and exactly when I left.
My only request is that I could search the history of locations, to find specific job sites, or specific locations in a list to tell every time I had been there, the most recent time I've been there, or even a cumulative time log so that I could quickly invoice particular clients, or congratulate myself for how many visits I made to the gym.
If they would add that functionality, it would get five stars for me without a doubt. But even without that function, it is a great app that I highly recommend.
- The MacWhisperer
Of all the apps that does this automatic tracking thing, Moves is my favorite. I think it's because the accuracy settings allow me to make it more accurate, and because it's a very clean and simple interface.
The one thing some others have, that I wish Moves did, is the ability to see info over time. I know there are other apps that do this with moves data, but it would be good in-app. Like seeing time arrived and leaving a particular place over a week or month, or graphical "heat map" display of your week.
Really is the gold standard of motion tracking/pedometer apps on the App Store. It's very simple, easy to use and quite accurate. Sometimes step count isn't perfect but certainly very close. I highly recommend it to anyone!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Mar 05, 2014
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 9.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: ProtoGeo Oy
- © 2013 ProtoGeo Oy
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPad mini with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.