By Ron Elemans
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Movie Explorer scans all your internal, external and network drives for digital movie files like MKV, M4V, AVI and MP4 and saves them in an attractive movie catalog for off line browsing and searching. The app can be used as a convenient starting point for playing your movie files by using the 'Play' and 'Play with' menu commands. The 'Gallery' feature let you enjoy posters, stills and photos of cinema movies, cast and crew members.
• Maps your digital cinema movie files automatically with movie metadata provided by The Movie Database (TMDb).
• Reads technical metadata of your files using the MediaInfo library of MediaArea.
• Shows details like the original title, plot summary, release date, rating but also information about the cast, crew and studio.
• Displays technical details like encoding format, bit rate, video format, resolution, bit depth and audio specifications.
• Shows movie posters, cast photos, crew photos and studio logos of your cinema movie files.
• Shows your movies as thumbnails, grouped by cast members, crew members or studios, or just as files.
• Support for TV Shows, as part of the 'TV Shows Add-on' In-app purchase.
• Episodes, seasons, shows and movies can be marked as 'Watched' or 'Unwatched', and can be synced bidirectionally with Trakt (TV Shows Add-on).
• With the Filter popover menu you can filter on 'Unwatched', 'Watchlist', 'Paused' and 'Watched', together with the existing filters and search function (TV Shows Add-on).
• Show the number of unwatched files in the sidebar for all filters (TV Shows Add-on).
• Add movies and episodes to the Watchlist and sync the list with Trakt (TV Shows Add-on).
• Automatic update of the Watchlist when you set an episode to Read (TV Shows Add-on).
• Thumbnails can be resized from small to extremely large.
• In addition you can adjust the sorting and image quality of the thumbnails.
• All data is saved locally in a database which makes your digital movie collections very easily searchable.
• You can search on movie title, cast name, crew name (including the movie director), studio name or filename.
• The 'Get Info' context menu gives you all details of your movies, the cast and crew in a fully internally linked fashion.
• The 'Open Gallery' context menu let you browse through posters, photos and artwork of movies, cast and crew.
• The customizable sidebar enables you to filter your collection on criteria like file location, genres, countries and rating.
• Handy additional filters for Recently added, Stereoscopic, HD Video, HD Audio and Duplicate files.
• You can map manually files to movies to correct missing or incorrect movie metadata.
• Each movie file can be opened with the associated app by double clicking.
• By using the 'Play with' context menu, you can choose manually an app for playing a selected movie.
• Each movie, cast member or crew member can be investigated in more detail in IMDb, utilizing the built-in link feature.
• Let you open homepages of movies, cast and crew members.
• Export movie data on file location level to a CSV file.
• Supports the new MacBook Pro's Touch Bar.
If you need support with this movie catalog app, please visit the support page, mail to email@example.com or twitter to @elemanssoftware to get in contact with the developer.
If you like Movie Explorer, please take a moment to rate or review it in the App Store. We really appreciate it and it helps us a lot!
We are eager to make Movie Explorer the best movie file indexer on the market. This is only possible with your feedback. Please send your comments, ideas, tips, suggestions, complains or compliments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 1.7.3
• New option to set an image in the Gallery viewer as Desktop wallpaper
• Prevents a crash when a four digit number is used as start of a filename followed by an episode indicator
• Improved title matching of filenames containing phrase 'x265'
• Fixed real-time update of the 'Recently Added' and 'HD Video' filters when changing preferences
Amazing for what it does, but that is very limited
This app is amazing at its ability to scan a folder of files and pull fairly correct data from the internet for those files. However, it doesn’t allow you to make your own folders, tags, or edit any data in-app (you have to edit the online database it pulls data from). Nor will it organize your files for you. But what it does it does fast and the interface is nice and clean.
waiting such app for long time
great and easy to use app. only missing thing is more customization. i would like to change theme for movie cover layouts, ratings should have been actual numbers imdb:6.4 for example instead of small stars or at least being able to change such stuff.
keep up great work !
- Category: Reference
- Updated: May 29, 2017
- Version: 1.7.3
- Size: 5.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ron Elemans
- © 2017 Betamagic
Compatibility: OS X 10.10.5 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- TV Shows Add-on$7.99