3 years in the making, MovieMator Video Editor has finally become a simple but powerful FREE video editing software. It can do all the basic editing work such as trimming, cropping, splitting, rotating, merging and more, and provides unlimited video / audio tracks. With the built-in transition and professional-looking filters, MovieMator Video Editor can help users create short videos easily.
MovieMator Video Editor is committed to provide the most intuitive and easiest way for video editing. Beginners can quickly start and freely edit videos as they want. It fully supports all media formats like 4K UltraHD, H.265, MP3, OGG, JPG, SVG, etc. and optimized for the decoding of different formats, which significantly improved the decoding speed and quality.
Edit Video/Audio/Image to Movies with Creativity
• Unlimited video tracks and audio tracks help users handle all projects.
• Switch the visibility of the current track to easily preview specific track elements.
• Trim, Merge, Split, Crop,Rotate video clips of any format.
• Transition and various video filters are available.
• Support volume adjustment and various audio filters to create perfect sound effect.
• Create Fast/Slow-motion video by adjusting the playing speed as you like.
• Set fade in/out time for videos and audios with freedom.
• Customize the content/color/size/position of text to create personalized subtitles.
• Mute the original audio with one-click to easily change the background music of videos.
• Precise control over all video, audio and image frame by frame.
Fully Support Media Files of Any Type
• Import all videos/photos shot by iPhone 6s, GoPro, camcorder or other devices.
• Support videos/images downloaded from Facebook, Instagram, Flickr and more sites.
• Support videos with voiceover that recorded by any screen recording software.
• Support all popular video/audio/image formats: MP4, AVI, MPEG, WMV, MKV, MPG, RMVB, M4V, 3GP, FLV, TS, M4V, VOB, F4V, MP3, WAV, MKA, OGG, FLAC, AAC, JPG, PNG, TIF, BMP, SVG...
• Work natively with a broad range of formats including ProRes, RED, XAVC, AVCHD, H.264 from DSLR and more.
Extremely Intuitive and Friendly Interactive Operation
• The interface of MovieMator is intuitive and all features are clear at a glance.
• Easy-to-use cut, copy, and paste operations.
• Hide, mute, and lock video track and audio track with one-click.
• Arrange and Trim all elements (videos/audios/images) on the timeline by dragging and dropping.
• Real-time preview feature ensures what you see is what you get.
Powerful Project Preservation and Video Output Capability
• Incredibly fast export of HD videos in 200+ media formats for playback on all devices.
• Customize output parameters like resolution, frame rate, aspect ratio, encoding and etc.
• Save the file as a project for direct editing next time.
• Auto save the project when the window is closed unexpectedly.
Note: MovieMator Video Editor is designed to create short videos quickly. Users can export videos up to 5 minutes. One default transition and several filters (fade in, fade out, Text, Resize, Rotate, Volume,Crop. ) are available in MovieMator Video Editor . If you want to export videos of any length with numerous transition and filter effects, please upgrade to MovieMator Video Editor Pro.
Key Features of MovieMator Video Editor Pro:
1. 40+ built-in filter effects supported by KeyFrame animation technique: Text, Blur, Old Film, Sharpen, Stabilize, Vignette, White Balance...
2. 20+ stunning transitions: Dissolve, Iris Circle, Clock Top, Cut, Bar Vertical...
3. Export videos of any length.
Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Support email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1 Fixed the crashing issues and greatly enhanced stability & usability. It is compatible with 10.14 Mojave.
2 Support GIF transparent animation.
3 Support PNG transparency.
4 You can use mouse wheel to zoom the timeline now.
5 The interface was optimized to make it easier to integrate with filters.
6 Optimized efficiency in order to better support long video (greater than 2 hours) clips editing.
Ratings and Reviews
Does what I want in less than 20 minutes to make a youtube video
I am running OSX on a really old iMac. Something after Snow Leopard. I got Moviemator because there was some problem with iMovie, although I have forgetten what.
Although completely unrelated, Moviemator works about as well as the Chrome browser on OSX, that is to say a few minor delays but it does not crash. It is good enough I wonder what the $ version is like.
I have not used the feature but I like the way you can do audio only on it and export as mp3.
Looked Soooo Good…but Nope
Not user friendly at all…I tried putting some text into video for just a quick 3 seconds.
As far as I can tell it is NOT possible!
It applied the text to the ENTIRE video!!
There is nothing in the timeline that shows where the text starts or stops.
Couldn’t figure out how to split video into segments.
Pretty much useless.
The really sad part is this one looked to be the best free video editor…all the rest are even worse.
This is the first time I’ve ever used this app, and every time I try editing anything, the app closes. Please fix this.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.