Have you ever tried to discuss your favorite film in a hostel abroad? Movie title translations are amazingly creative and often have little to do with the original wording. Enter MovieDict, your portable dictionary for thousands of popular movie titles. It even works offline!
MovieDict includes a database of over 44,000 entries with a focus on the English, German, French, Russian, Japanese and (various) Chinese names.
As a bonus for Chinese language learners, MovieDict lets you look up any Chinese characters in the popular dictionary app ‘Pleco’ if it is installed on your device – simply click the 魚 button next to a Chinese movie title.
All data in this app has been extracted/remixed from public Wikipedia data dumps and is licensed under the CreativeCommons by-sa license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/). The latest database as used by the app is always available in SQLite3 format: https://github.com/lurado/MovieDict/blob/master/Database/Movies.db
• Improvements to stability and performance.
• Database current as of March 20th, 2018.
- 19.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2014 Julian Raschke
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.