Movies by Flixster, with Rotten Tomatoes
By Flixster, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Download Flixster - the most downloaded movies app of all time. It’s loaded with trailers, Rotten Tomatoes® scores and movie tickets by Fandango. Make your next moviegoing experience even better with Flixster.
New in 7.13.2
• We’ve ditched the glitches to make your moviegoing experience smoother and easier than ever.
Movies and Theaters
• Browse the latest movies and top box office picks. Can’t decide? Sort movies by theater, ratings or reviews
• Watch the hottest new trailers, get movie news and flip through exclusive movie photos
• Instantly get Rotten Tomatoes® scores and browse user reviews and ratings
• Save favorite theaters and locate theaters by name or distance
• Discover what’s new to DVD by genre, release date and Tomatometer® rating
• Get the peace of mind of a guaranteed advance ticket with Fandango VIP. Join for free and if something comes up, you can return or exchange them up until posted showtime and score insider perks like free movie screenings, digital downloads, special discounts and more
• Bookmark upcoming movies to your account and when available, buy guaranteed advance movie tickets through Fandango
What's New in Version 7.13.4
My experience with this app has been great up until recently. I hope they fix the problem I'm about to address, but I'm likely moving on to a theater specific app and will be keeping a lookout for improvements.
I went with a friend to a showing of Spiderman Homecoming. We had both seen the movie in 2-D and regular 3-D. I noticed on the Flixter app that my local theater was showing it in IMAX & IMAX 3-D. We chose plain IMAX (no 3-D). At least that was our plan. We drive out to the theater and ask for tickets to the IMAX showing. She hands us tickets while telling us there is no IMAX showing at this theater. We asked the manager to explain. It turns out the (company) theater's app only advertised Real-D 3-D and 2-D showings. We were already there and wanted to not waste our time, so we just went with it and saw it in 2-D again. Very frustrating to get excited to see a movie in IMAX only to be let down by a faulty app. Whether it was wrong information retrieved by Flixter from the company the runs the theater, or some other reason, I'm tempted to just dump it altogether. I ask Flixter to get its act together so I don't have to be disappointed like this in the future. Choosing a 3 star rating until I see something is done. I'll check back.
Without question, one of my top 5 apps
For many many years this has been my go to movie app. It always works, no errors ever, 100% reliable. I use it before going to a movie theater to see up-to-the-minute USER ratings (sorry, critics rate movies like they're grading English papers). I use it to see which movies are playing where. I use it on trips all over the country to quickly see which movie theater is the closest no matter where I am and to see what's playing. I use it while choosing on demand movies at home. I use it at the video store. I use it standing in front of red box. I use it at the library checking out movies. I use it at the store and online before purchasing a movie. Everytime I see a movie trailer or hear of a great movie I quick pull up the app and add it to my 'want to see' list so I can refer to it later instead of trying to remember which movie I wanted to see. I've had this app so many years I can't remember not having it. It's always there, has everything I need and it's custom fit to me, all mine. Keep up the good work Flixster!!
Value is Diminishing
Used to be an awesome, easy way to find a select a movie to attend along with a time and theater. Over time it seems some mainstream popular current movies don't even appear in the Box office. You have to go to the theater and see all the listings for that theater to ensure you are looking at everything that is out for viewing.
The latest is checking movie times. I now have to select purchase Fandango Tickets to see movie times. I have absolutely no interest in paying a middle man for my movie tickets so I want to go back to when the movie times were simply listed with the movie or I click on "Find Movie Times." Even if the functionality behind that is the same, I don't want the high pressure sales job by Fandango.