Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Movies is a movie and TV series catalog application with stunning graphics. It allows you to quickly add, find and view movie information in your library (with the ability to add new movies by seeking by title using lots of data sources - so all movie details are filled in for you!). It also allows to lend movies to friends, so you can easily keep track of who you gave that copy of "Avatar" to.
Movies is the little brother of Movies HD - the ultimate iPad movies catalog.
• Movie playback (including AirPlay!)
• Coverflow(tm) movie browsing
• Add movies by Barcode scanning
• Email your movie list (plain as well as PDF!)
• Random movie selection by shaking iPhone/iPod Touch
• Filter movies (by media type, lend-to, ...)
• Fully customizable dvd catalog
• Shelf view and list view for viewing movie information
• 2 movie lists: Wish and Own (with easy transfer from Wish to Own)
• Small labels to identify sorting details (based on sorting mode)
• Handles all modern media (DVD, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD) as well as oldfashioned media (VHS, 35mm, 16mm) + ability to add custom media
• Movies are shown using their cover (and optionally their title)
• Sort by name, genre and rating
• Quickfind by title
• Movies can be lend to Contacts
• Themeable look 'n feel
• Backup & restore using webbrowser
• Import movie database from:
• Extreme Movie Manager
• Ant Movie Catalog
• Personal Video Database
• DVD Profiler
• Delicious Library
• Collectorz Movie Collector
• MyMovies 3
• EAX Movie Collection
• Kava Movies
• MeD's Movie Manager
• Generic TXT file with movie titles
• Generic CSV file with movie information
• (checkout our website for tutorial: http://www.netwalkapps.com/content/import-collections).
What's New in Version 2.6
* iPhone 5 and iOS6 support
I reviewed version 2.2.1 three years ago (see below) and I note that there has been little change in the app since then. Still no indication of media in the movie list screen. Sometimes when I enter a barcode manually Movies sometimes finds the right movie, but enters the title in Spanish, and though I can edit the title for list display, the display of movie detail retains the Spanish entry across the top of the screen. If I enter a movie manually, and look at the suggested cover art the images are tiny. Entering a movie manually does not trigger a search for details, which must be entered manually. Sometimes the app simply shunts me out without doing anything. Not much to write home about as it's a lot of work to use this program and it's in need of an overhaul.
Version 2.2.1 review - 5 July, 2010 - This application is a good way to keep track of movies in a collection, and the app continues to improve.
It would be nice if the list display could include both the year the movie was released and the media format. There's plenty of room for that under the movie title.
Viewing the movie covers in landscape mode looks good, but takes forever to load the images.
I updated the "Movies" app with version 2.6 last night and now I cant even open it. This has been a great app for what I need. It tracks all the movies in my library so I dont end up buying duplicate movies for my collection but I am very concerned about not being able to open the app. I have over 2000 movies loaded on the app and do not have the time to manually re-load all the movies I own. I has taken me years to accumulate my collection, and if there isnt a fix for this crash I will have wasted literally hundreds of hours building my database. I do not have the time to search for a new app, check out the features and re-load all my collection. I have already gone onto the netwalksapp site and posted a request and will wait for assistance, in the meantime, I suggest - do not download this update!!
Please fix this issue.
Review of Movies
Got this app 2 years ago for iPod Touch. Worked great (occasionally wont search database). Upgraded to Iphone 5. Took a couple months to find pages to transfer data from touch to I5. Apple no help. Transferred successfully between devices. Transfer instructions need to be published and detailed (I stumbled on instructions reviewing Dropbox as an option which was a dead end). No problems except as noted. Rate it a 4-5. Punched 5. Now that I am more familiar w app- finding backup instructions are easy after fishing a month or so.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 19, 2012
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 10.9 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German
- Seller: Netwalk
- © 2009-2012 Netwalk
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.