MovieTickets.com - Showtimes and Tickets
By MovieTickets.com, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MovieTickets.com, the worldwide leader in advance movie ticketing, now offers moviegoers with an iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch an easy way to buy tickets as well a top destination to browse movie showtimes, and trailers and more for theaters nationwide.
- Purchase tickets within the app and follow the ticket pickup instructions in the confirmation email (Will call, Print at Home, Passbook, SMS redemption options where available).
- MovieTickets.com has over 250 theater chains available for ticketing.
- Buy as a guest or login to your MovieTickets.com account to retrieve your stored credit card (you will need to enter your 3 or 4-digit credit card security code).
- Select-a-seat: you can complete your reserved seating purchases in the app.
Browse Movies and Showtimes:
- Get run times, synopsis, cast and director lists, MPAA Ratings and more.
- Watch high-quality trailers and browse photo galleries.
- Search by movie name or release date.
- Share showtimes by sending an email to friends.
- View cast detail pages with full-length biography, filmography, and photos/videos.
- See it now! View movies near you starting within the next 60 minutes.
- Find theaters by simply inputting your zip code (or Canadian postal code) or use your current location by utilizing the device’s GPS system.
- View theaters on map and get directions.
- Receive “right place, right time” offers for discounts, promotions, and events at nearby cinemas. Our Bluetooth LE (iBeacon) network knows when you are close to participating cinemas. You receive the personalized offers that interest you, when you can use the offers, and only those.
Your MovieTickets.com application allows you to store your MovieTickets.com credit card information on our servers so you can conveniently purchase movie tickets. Your information is securely stored on our servers and transferred with your approval during each transaction.
What's New in Version 2.6
The new release includes bug fixes and enhancements.
You can now receive personalized opt-in notifications of discounts, promotions, and events at cinemas near you.
Cannot create account
I bought 100 of 80 movietickets credit at Coscto. Went to movies, tried to use the cards, and had to create an account first. However, there is a bug that prevents you from making an account. When trying to create an account it says one is already created and when you try to reset your password it says that there is no account for that email. We tried with multiple emails then gave up and got two tickets in cash at AMC to find out that it's cheaper to buy in cash than via movie tickets with the fees and a 20% discount. We returned the tickets and will always avoid this service because of this experience.
Horrible app. Horrible company
Wasted hours on their web site. Called cust service no return call. So tried the app. First it throws up ads constantly. I pay for their service and I have to constantly close out ads??? Then after picking movie hard to find iMac version. Worst is picking seats. Shows two versions of map at same time. Which one to use? It barely could zoom for me eventually. Then could not complete purchase until I went as guest. And if u can't complete in 5 min you lose your seats and they not show back up for like 20 minutes
Functions, but that's it
My local theater stopped selling on Fandango in favor of this service. This app looks like something designed in the first or second year of the App Store. Doesn't support iPhone 6/6+ resolutions. Low quality textures everywhere. Ugly icons. Developers for this app need to take a good long look at joining the modern era of app development, this simply won't cut it anymore.