By Blue Ox Technologies Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Moxie 2 is the FUN word transformation game...EASY to learn, but CHALLENGING to master.
"Moxie 2 brings fun back to word games in a refreshing way that will keep you coming back." - AppVersity.com
"An extremely satisfying word game." - Casual Gameplay
Over 500,000 Moxie games have been downloaded and over 20,000,000 games have been played.
HOW TO PLAY MOXIE 2
You start with a hand of 64 letters that you go through "Solitaire" style. Place each letter on the board or "Pass". If you "Pass" you can't go back to that letter.
You score points by:
1. Making unique words with the letters
2. Transforming your words into other words by adding and replacing letters. For example: "TIN" becomes "TINE" which becomes "TILE" which becomes "TILED" and so on.
3. Spelling special "Moxie words" for bonus points
Once you spell a word and start transforming it into other words, don't break the word chain! That's a "Twaddle" and you'll lose points.
There's no time limit and while it helps to know a lot of words, Moxie will more greatly reward those who like to think strategically.
- 5 game variations
- HD graphics support for Retina displays
- Pick up right where you left off
- Global leader board
- Short tutorial video (no internet required)
- Ergonomic design
- Relaxing and refreshing gameplay
WHAT'S NEW IN MOXIE 2?
- Daily Challenge mode with a new puzzle each day
- Make 6 letter words
- Undo your mistakes
- 64 turns per game
- 6 letter Moxie Words score 500 points
- Moxieless mode
- Screen showing how many of each letter remain
- Color chooser
What's New in Version 1.15.1
- fixed a bug in the high scores
- Added support for Retina iPad and 4" iPhone and iPod Touch screens
- Moxie 2 is now a universal app, with iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch support, all in the same package
- updated Daily Challenge for 2013
- fixed bug where color schemes would not be remembered
- updated Daily Challenge for 2012
- fixed a bug in Global High Scores
- updated Daily Challenge for second half of 2011
- fixed a connectivity bug
- Added 3 new color themes: Sky, Pink, and Steel
- Improved accessibility for the visually impaired
- Added "zoot", "lede", and "ragu" to the dictionary
- Added option to mute the button click sound
Don't have to be a genius
Great game. You compete against yourself and can vary the play to keep it interesting. Animals as moxie words, daily challenge etc. or make up your own rules: no passing any letters, no use of letter k and so on. Like that the play is geared to your own pace yet moves quickly to maintain interest. I've never been particularly good at scrabble but this is fun no matter your skill in word games. Sometimes I inadvertently create a word I've never heard of. It would be nice to have a quick link to word definitions.
I love Moxie & find it relaxing to build words @ my own pace. If I work harder, faster @ the game I get a higher score - if I'm tired & just want to zone on the game I can - because no clock is running. Sometimes I work on speed & sometimes I work on word creation - but either way I usually play it daily and enjoy it. Update: Still loving the game months after writing the above review. Yea!
A few suggestions
First of all, I love this game!!
I have a couple ideas:
I'd like to be able to see a list of all the Moxie words I created (even if it's not until the end of the game).
I also think it would be really fun if we got bonus points for completing an entire game without a Twaddle. I don't think I've ever actually accomplished a Twaddle-less game before... But if I got bonus points for it, I'd definitely be in for the challenge.
A list of all the Twaddles at the end of the game would be fun to see too. Along with a total of how many points lost. And a total of the moxie points as well.
Thanks for creating such a fun and addicting game!!
Oh, and "duck" needs to be a moxie word for animals.
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 13, 2013
- Version: 1.15.1
- Size: 47.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Blue Ox Technologies Ltd.
- © 2010-2013 Blue Ox Technologies Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.