Whether you ride on a dedicated Peloton Bike, a third party trainer, or outdoors - mPaceline can be a great tool to support and measure your training.
mPaceline was created out of a love of spinning. The developer and his wife bought a Peloton Bike and loved it from the start. However, like many others, they struggled to demonstrate to themselves that their effort was paying off. They both felt better and could tell that they were getting stronger, but they wanted to see the results in the data.
Our focus in creating mPaceline was to provide that tool that would demonstrate the hard work you are putting into your training is seen.
Visualize your results
* To show you that all your hard work, sweat and sometimes tears, are paying off.
* To demonstrate that over time you're able to produce a higher average output at a similar effort or average heart rate.
* To compare past Rides that you have done and see improvement across a variety of metrics.
* To highlight the instructors that motivate you to achieve your best efforts.
* To measure and support your heart rate training as you look to improve your overall health.
Give mPaceline a try, and like us, you’ll quickly see that it’s just as much fun to look at the results of your Rides as it is to hit it on the road, gym, studio, etc…
mPaceline is a cycling workout App. If you are looking to track results of other workout types, then mPaceline is not for you.
mPaceline works best if your focus is on taking spinning classes that allow you to capture data from the class to later be entered into the App. If you are a Peloton Bike owner, then this will perfectly fit your training. mPaceline will support outdoor ride tracking if you bike is equipment with Power and Cadence meters, but that's not the focus of the App.
mPaceline is comprised of the iPhone App that allows you to visually see all your Rides as well as an Apple Watch Companion App from which you can begin and monitor Rides on your wrist. While the iPhone App is detailed and will take some time for you to learn all the features, the Watch App is designed to be very straight forward. Click the “Let’s Ride” button and you’re off.
You have several options for capturing in-ride performance metrics (power, cadence, heart rate, calories, distance, etc..) for a Ride:
1) You can take advantage of mPaceline’s Watch App. The watch app offers you a great visual of your ride and you can quickly glance at your wrist to see how you are doing. Rides done on the watch are automatically transferred to the iPhone App when the Ride concludes. Here you can view your full ride details. Note - if you choose to, you can stream the ride from your watch to the iPhone app and have both devices showing you your ride data.
2) You can utilize Bluetooth meters connected to the mPaceline iPhone App (HR, Power, Cadence) to record your performance over a workout period. In this option, you don't need to have an Apple Watch. The Ride is automatically saved in mPaceline when it is complete.
3) If you own a Peloton Bike and feel the need to track your ride independently, you can simply download the results of your ride when it's complete.
Note that you can also utilize a 3rd party Watch App or the default Apple Workout App to record and monitor your workout. When the workout if complete, it can be imported into the mPaceline iPhone app as a 3rd Party Ride.
In all options described above, mPaceline fully integrates with the iOS Health App as it stores workout related data in Health Kit. This includes heart rate data captured during the workout.
Thanks for considering our App.
Version 2.5 brings some great enhancements to mPaceline. These include:
* Continuing our theme of adding optional paid features, we've added two more for you. First - you can now attach Power and Cadence meters via Bluetooth to mPaceline to measure metrics real time. These are great for App Riders or those that want to use mPaceline on an outdoor bike. Second - for those of you with an Apple Watch, but don't want to use it during the ride, you can now add the feature to have your Peloton rides added to Apple Health. This updates your workouts in the Activity App as well as gives you credit towards filling your rings.
* FTP Rides will now automatically be added to your profile. No more manually adding these.
* You can now just specify a date when applying a custom ride filter. A time is no longer required.
* FTP graph comparisons now include Cadence and Resistance.
* Sharing rides now have an option of removing the zone labels on the graph.
* We added durations (5, 15 and 75 minutes) to several of the results graphs and other areas throughout the App.
* If you change your Peloton Rider Name and forget to change it in mPaceline, the login error message will help you better troubleshoot.
* We also corrected a few bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect for Peloton Riders
The app is catered for heart rate or power zone training with the Apple Watch and iPhone. It synchronizes automatically with the Peloton cloud and produces useful ride and summary graphs. I really like the way the app takes the Peloton rider’s perspective from so many different directions, including displaying the later power zones from the latest FTP test right on the iPhone screen while displaying the real time heart rate data. Great work!
Great app for visualization and comparison
I resisted purchasing the app due to the price, however I am very happy that I did buy it. The visualizations and comparisons are great.
That being said it does have at least one major deficiency in my opinion in that it does not sync it’s own data across devices. If you capture heart rate with your phone, you will not see it on your iPad for example. The same appears to be the case for notes on the rides or even settings of the app itself. I am also unclear on how you would even back up your data other than backing up the whole iPad.
This screams for iCloud integration.
Besides that issue, the graphs are amazing and it is really fun to see all of it in one place. The website for Peloton does a good job too but nothing like this.
Outstanding App for Peloton cycle or any spinner
Wife and I are Peloton cycle addicts and as much as we love our bike, they simply refuse to offer Apple integration to iPhone or Apple Watch. The developer is also a Peloton rider and created this insightful and visually stunning app which displays all your success and metrics in a well-designed iPhone app. Fully downloads all your stats from Peloton including instructors, cadence, HR, resistance etc.
- Paul Ameden
- 38.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Meg Software
- In-App Purchases
- mPaceline Full Access $19.99
- mPaceline Health Kit Access $3.99
- mPaceline Ride Schedule $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.