High school coaches - Teams by MaxPreps is the all-in-one team management and communication app for you and your team! Coaches who use MaxPreps will get a Teams app access code to keep their athletes, parents and coaching staff up-to-date, both in-season and out-of-season.
-Communicate securely with parents and athletes from the app
-Send photos, videos or file attachments
-See ‘delivered’ and ‘read’ confirmations on your messages
-Calendar sync to iOS and Google calendars
-Manage your team roster, schedule, scores and stats
-Give specific permissions to your coaching staff to determine what they can do in the app
Coaches: You will need access to your MaxPreps Coach Admin Account
Parents or Athletes: Your coach will need to provide you with an access code to use the app.
- Major design updates to make your team feed look great, including adding video!
- Team wall posts will now display your attached photos and files, without having to open the post separately. Pictures of all gear left behind in the gym getting uploaded in 3,2,1…
- Added the ability for editing your team wall posts – PLUS you can now send your posts via email.
- Inviting your team into the app is easier than ever because now every admin can see the team code, plus we added the ability to send invitations to your staff and team via email.
- We added some clarifying information to help you understand what preseason mode is all about.
- Finally, we added some personality into the app with fun graphics and doodles. You are full of personality, so the apps you use should be too!
Ratings and Reviews
not all change is good
The old version was working well particularly with texting team members. At first the chat feature in the new version would not allow me to set a group. Now I can but there is no obvious way to add athletes to the chat. Further, all the player information I had was deleted in the update. A roll out of this update should have warned users of the changes and how to achieve the same features. Requests for help submitted on the website, calls to customer service or emails do not elicit any meaningful help. Very poor service.
I'm sorry to hear that you don't like the new Teams app. If you're a coach who utilized the MaxMessenger feature, you should have received an email informing you that MaxMessenger was going away and being replaced with Chat. If you're a coach with admin access, under MaxMessenger section was a message letting coaches know that feature was going away and you could get on the list to be notified regarding the Teams app.
In order to use the Chat feature, your athletes have to download the app and sign in after you share the Teams app code. Once they download the app and join the team you can start individual and or group messages.
Im sorry to hear that you customer service was not satisfied. You can give the Support Team a call and speak with me if you'll like and I can help with any question you have about the new Teams app. -Christina MaxPreps Staff
App Keeps Crashing
The last update that you guys had on the app must have caused more bugs and issues on the back end. Every time I go into the app to try and do anything especially chat feature it kicks me out of the app. If I click on it and let it go through that 3-4 times it will finally open up like normal. Please fix as this is a huge inconvenience
Coach Scott Mann
Thank you for the review. Yes, we have encounter a chat issues with the new release. We are currently in the works to get this fixed as soon as possible. Be on the look out for a new update to be released. -Christina MaxPreps Staff
I would give this 5 stars if the calendar view could change to a grid calendar instead of a list.
Also my parents have complained that it’s named varsity in the team name and that it’s preseason and no one has yet made varsity. I add all potential players to the app for communication in the summer.
Thank you for the review and feedback. The calendar option is a new feature. I will let our developing team know if this request. Please submit a ticket to our Support Team at support.maxpreps.com informing them which sport and team you coach for. We can better help and explain the preseason mode as well. - Christina MaxPreps Staff
- MaxPreps Inc.
- 56.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2018 MaxPreps Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.