By Meg Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
mPortfolio is an easy to use application for creating, managing and tracking stock portfolios. It features an intuitive single screen layout that lets you quickly visualize investment performance as well as get details on any given stock.
Our software enables you to take charge of your investment portfolio and quickly and easily monitor performance. You’ll have constant updates on the stocks that interest you with our intuitive watch model. You will always stay on top of happenings in the markets.
We pull relevant news articles and information for the stocks that you are interested in and give you a quick summary. You can quickly launch the full article in your web browser if necessary.
Finally, our built in stock charts give you the perspective that you need to see how your investments are performing.
Key Features Include:
- An intuitive and simply to use interface for managing your investments
- Unlimited investment portfolio tracking
- Support of buying and selling of stocks as well as a variety of dividend models
- Create watch stock lists so you can stay informed on stock performance
- Automatic price updates from free Internet sources
- Real-time RSS news feeds tailored to your investment portfolios
- Detailed and flexible charting and stock performance visualizations
What's New in Version 1.6
Resolved a few issues introduced in our latest revision...
- - - - - - -
We have some great features in version 1.6. Thanks for all of your input and suggestions in making mPortfolio a stronger product.
- Completely revamped quoting engine with support for multiple providers.
- Real-time quote support for select exchanges.
- Aftermarket quotes for select exchanges.
- Greatly enhanced symbol lookup with integrated search and symbol entry field. Search through multiple exchanges and easily locate that symbol you are looking for.
- New charting that allows many customizable options. You can also compare multiple symbols on the same graph.
- New graphics and icon that support Retina displays.
- Right click delete option now available on the Performance and Fundamental views
- Minor bug fixes including issues with Market Summary Quotes.
- Now complies with Apple's Sandboxing requirements...
See more about these features on our website...
This is almost a 5 star app. I love it and its well worth the price. Finally after searching for a very long time an app comes along with a great user interface that’s easy to use.
However I had to give this 4 stars because it’s missing a few very important features in my opinion:
1) There is no cloud sync between devices, or at least an export/import feature. I have two iMac’s, a macbook pro and macbook air. Having to enter every stock in every portfolio on all of my devices took me hours. The iTicker app (a definite 5 star app) from the same company offers cloud support so i’m not sure why this app doens’t. It would also be nice to see a companion iOS app.
2) There is no way to add cash to a portfolio to truly see the total value of a portfolio. You can only see the open or closed positions.
3) I wish it had online integration with all major brokerages. Other apps and websites offer this (sigfig, mint, etc) and it would be nice to not have to manually enter all transaction information.
Aside from these issues, this app is perfect and I am extremely happy to see someone finally get it right.
Good Program Needs Improving
Needs to to separate each stock by currencies, EURO, GBP, YEN, samples. there's a bug with all .L (UK stocks) because they are priced in pence so the number will be larger and I bypass it by dividing the number of shares by 10 which must be fixed immediatly. Also, if they could cover japanese markets and offer deeper information it would be great. I like this program for its simplicity for my personal portfolio.
Good program to keep track of my portfolio. It does a good job, but can be cumbersome at times. I used “Money” for years and enjoyed the interface (UI), but the stock buy/sell screens are not as easy (or as intuitive) as I would like. I would also like to see a cash account, so that I could get the net totals for a specific portfolio.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Dec 01, 2013
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 8.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Paul Ameden
- © 2013 Meg Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor