Vintage cocktail recipes app
• Add whats in your liquor cabinet and discover what cocktails you can make
• Cocktails and liquors are organized in a meaningful way to other related ingredients and drinks
• Every cocktail and liquor have a description of their history
• Learn what ingredients you can substitute that are close enough
• All recipes have been specifically selected, researched, tested, and perfected
You can browse based on a specific spirit you want to mix with or the type of cocktail you enjoy. Specify the unit of measurement you prefer to mix with and even learn the calorie count of every drink. Every photograph in this app is real so you know exactly what each drink looks like before you mix it. I have also provided historically accurate recipes with information about their origins and evolution.
About the developer: For fun I document and study cocktail and liquor history. I try to find the oldest known recipe for each cocktail and document how they changed over time. A friend suggested I share that work and build my own app and so this is it. I bought a camera and began photographing every ingredient I could buy and every cocktail I could make. I have since added a cocktail hardware section and continue to add more cocktails and ingredients with the hope of making the single best mixing resource.
This app is a work in progress and is continuously updated and expanded. So if there are any changes you want me to make or suggestions you have for me please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment on this app. Thank you.
• Fully supports iPad screen sizes
• Favorite and save cocktails
• New special collections section groups cocktails in new more meaningful ways
• Some new cocktails
• Lists of cocktails are now sorted alphabetically (Thank you to the guy who emailed me that suggestion!)
• Removed the substitution feature
• Improved performance and many backend changes
Ratings and Reviews
Finally a cocktail app for grown ups
The top rated cocktail recipe apps are for people who use sour mix and drink redbull with their vodka from of a plastic jug. There’s nothing wrong with that I guess...but it’s not for me. I just wanted a simple app with authentic recipes for classic cocktails, with real ingredients, and I also love to learn the history of the drinks. This app has both of those things + a great interface + great photos. Thank you!
Willing to pay for more recipes! Perfect app design
This app is perfect. Pictures, history, simple and accessible the way you would want a drink recipe app. The only regret is that there isn’t more recipes and more history/commentary to go with them! I would gladly pay add-ons to this app if that were possible
It seems like a good app but it crashes every time I try to save something in my liquor cabinet
Developer Response ,
😬 I know exactly the part you are talking about. I found it while I was out at dinner with some friends. I fixed it already but reading your comment gave me a good on how to improve it and make it more intuitive. Thank you! Till I push this new update just add ingredients from the browse by ingredients section.
- Cocktail Royale LLC
- 46.9 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017 Cocktail Royale
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.