By Oliver Fürniß
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Mr. Reader is a RSS News Reader for your iPad that synchronizes with your Feedly, BazQux Reader, Feedbin, FeedHQ, Feed Wrangler, Fever, InoReader, Aol Reader, Feedja and SubReader account.
• Multiple accounts with separate settings
• Supports starred and tagged items (*)
• Mark items as read (single, all, older than n-days/weeks, above/below the current position)
• Mark as read while scrolling
• Search and add new feeds (*)
• Folder management (create, rename, delete) (*)
• Feed management (rename, delete, assign to folders) (*)
• Tag management (create, rename, delete, assign tags to feed items) (*)
• Reorder your folders, feeds and tags (*)
• Toggle to show only folders and feeds with unread items
• List items chronological or grouped by feeds
• Search for articles with the option to save searches
• Load more articles on request (*)
• Reading; Switch between RSS, Web, Instapaper Mobilizer, Readability Mobilizer, Pocket Mobilizer
• Customizable articles table: thumbnail size, thumbnails left/right, row height, font size, multiline titles
• Reading; Thumbpad to navigate between articles and to close the article viewer
• Automatic background synchronization (disabled by default)
• Image caching for offline reading (this applies only to the RSS view)
• 4 themes are included; additional themes can be installed from the website
• Web based theme editor, you will see every change immediately in Mr. Reader. Be creative!
• VoiceOver: To make Mr. Reader accessible for blind or nearly blind people. Suggestions are always welcome.
and some more!
(*) depends on the used service
• Open with Safari and every browser app that can be opened by a URL scheme.
• Included: Apollo Browser, Atomic Web, Coast by Opera, Dolphin Browser, Google Chrome, Grazing, iCab Mobile, Maven Web Browser+, Mercury, Opera Mini, Sleipnir
• Add to Safari Reading List
• Post to Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, App.net, StockTwits
• Add to Buffer
• Save to Delicious, Diigo, Kippt, Pinboard
• Send to Instapaper, Pocket, Readability
• Send articles to your Kindle by using Tinderizer or SENDtoREADER
• Create note in Evernote, Toodledo, Microsoft OneNote
• Post to Tumblr
• Collect YouTube and Vimeo videos by using ToWatchList
• Open article in your Mac browser by using "Send2Mac" (I love it!)
• Open articles in "any" browser by using the SendTab service
• Generic solution to open other apps by using their URL scheme
• Included: Articles, Blogsy, Drafts, HootSuite, OmniFocus, Papers, Poster, Search Google, Search Wikipedia, Terminology, Things
• Browser bookmarklets can be added and used in the web view
• Print article
• Send link by 'Message' (text message)
• Send article by mail
• Send link by mail
• Copy link
• Copy short URL to clipboard
• URL shortener: goo.gl, TinyURL, is.gd, bitly, CloudApp, YOURLS, custom
• Ability to share via AirDrop on devices that support AirDrop
If you have any features requests, problems or questions, please contact me by mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). I'm unable to respond to feedback posted in the App Store. Thank you!
What's New in Version 3.1.4
• Native iOS Share Sheet added as a service menu entry
• URL schemes for OmniFocus 2 and Drafts 4 added
• Opera Mini URL scheme adjusted
• Migrated to the 1Password App extension
• Search bug fixed. It was not working for words with the prefix OR/AND/NOT followed by a single space. Example: 'doctor who'
• Keyboard extension: Fixed the problem with overlapping buttons (Pinboard tags etc.)
• Themes and custom actions/services couldn't be sent by mail on iOS 8
• Article View: 'Translate' and 'More Actions' could not always execute on selected text
• Badge on App icon not shown or not updated
• Saving animated GIF images
• Fixed some popovers with wrong sizes
• BazQux Reader fix: Duplicated tagged articles
If you like Mr. Reader, please rate it in the App Store every time an update comes out. That helps me a lot, thank you very much!
Easily the best news reader for iPad
I've bought and used a bunch of news readers/RSS readers for iPad. I'm a bit of a news junkie; and for about 2 years now Mr. Reader has been my go-to news reading app for iPad.
The customizations are outstanding. Every kind of sharing tool imaginable is here; the themes are terrific; and the way a user can either geek-out and customize the app to the nth degree, or just add some websites and simply read makes this app the best news/RSS reader for iPad by far.
The options for scrolling, skipping articles, opening web view, or using a "read it later"-type service to just read the text is perfect for me. The ability to lock a particular news feed to open in a custom view is huge. The sharing options--easy to set up and rearrange. Mr. Reader is easily worth every penny, and if the developer charges for an upgrade going forward I won't hesitate to pay.
Superb RSS Reader. Gorgeous Interface. The Best RSS Reader by Far.
Update is terrific. An absolutely extraordinary RSS reader. Mr. Reader is wonderful to use. It's beautifully designed, and fully featured. The developer is very friendly and helpful. The custom themes are great fun. And you can design your own! It makes reading news and other feeds more enjoyable. Impeccably designed and superbly implemented. I can't say enough about this app. The care taken in creating this app is unparalleled. Wonderful app, right up there with Flipboard. With each update the app becomes more perfect and more beautiful. This has got to be the most meticulously created app in the app store. Compared to other 5 star apps, this should be 10 stars. It's that good. Mr. Reader continues to get better and better. What a joy to use. There is nothing digital or paper based that is more powerful than this App. Absolutely superb.
Best in class