Mr. Zipper - Compress, extract and browse Zip, 7Z, Rar archives
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
On Sale for a limited time. Original $ 14.99.
Mr.Zipper is the excellent, professional compression and extraction tool which supports quick look and personalized settings. It features more supported formats than other zip tools.
Supported extraction formats: RAR, 7Z, ISO, CAB, MSI, Zip, Stuffit, Arj, Z, Lzma, Tar, Gzip, Bzip2, EXE, PAX.
Supported compression formats: 7Z, Zip, Gzip, Tar, Bzip2.
● Easy to use: simply drag files even whole folders to zipper window, then compress or extract the selected files.
● Supports quickly overviewing selected file with system default app.
● 2 compression/Extraction modes:
- Manual mode: freely select your desired files in file list, then manually click compress or extract button to complete compression or extraction.
- Automatic mode: automatically compress or uncompress as soon as files are dragged in.
● 3 options to personalize output folder: “Always custom”, “The same path of the original file”, “Use default path”
● Protect your data: you can set a password to protect your data.
● Supports split large archives to several small ones.
● Browse image inside archives and file folders.
● Package a .app file to the dmg file with specific background images.
Any suggestion will be appreciated, support email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 2.50
1 If you like using our apps, please support us by rating / reviewing the app in the App Store.
2 Browse image inside archives and file folders;
3 Package a .app file to the dmg file with specific background images.
No obvious way to expand RAR
I purchased this app to expand an .rar and .rNN files into an ISO disk image. There is no documentation. The "support" page linked from the App Store page doesn't mention the app; you have to search through Google, and the two results are for advertising, with no instruction on how to use the app for .rar, or for anything else. They say RAR is one of their "supported extraction formats." That's it.
Selecting a .rar opens a panel that shows an indefinite progress bar (a barber-pole). No indication of what's happening or even whether you're doing something valid. I tried two ways of selecting the archive; one of them had to be wrong. I got the same window, same content, right or wrong. That they don't use standard menu layout, progress indicators, or stop buttons, is a bad sign.
I've been using and writing Mac software since 1984. If there's a way to get this app to do what it promises, I couldn't find it. A complete waste of money.
I think I wasted my time and $
Although this utility has a nice clean interface - I spent 10 minutes trying to move below my Home Folder before coming to the conclusion that you are only able to archive materials that reside within the various folders within your own home folder. You cannot select for instance an external USB drive or other locations on your Mac. This is probably a fine utility to make quick archives to e-mail your teacher an assignment however for business or tech use this utility is very limited.
I tried to compress a .dmg into a .zip using this app. The slider bar moved about 1/4 of teh way, and then crashed. Ive tried reopeated measures and multiple files- it failes to generate even one .zip file.
Don't waste your money. I spent an hour and a half on the phone with Apple seeking a refund for this piece of crap. Total waste of time and money.
Also, Apple, why do you put people on hold for 90 minutes? This is terrible customer service.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 13, 2012
- Version: 2.50
- Size: 5.7 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: etinysoft Inc.
- © EffectMatrix Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later