Mrmr (http://ecumedesjours.com/Mrmr/) is an ongoing research project to develop a standardized set of protocols and syntax conventions to control live installations and multimedia performances via mobile devices. The project was begun by Eric Redlinger, then researcher-in-residence at the Polytechnic Institute of NYU's experimental media center. The project is open-source and the code base is freely available at http://code.google.com/p/mrmr/
Mrmr enables you to use ordinary cell phones and PDAs as controllers in audio-visual performances, or to participate in interactive museum exhibits, or to use your mobile device in the place of the mouse or trackpad from your full-size computer. It also makes a great, free OSC controller for Max/MSP, VDMX and other VJ/DJ software.
Key elements of the Mrmr project are:
• create your own interfaces using only a text editor
• multiuser by design / client peer-to-peer or client-server models supported
• open standards (zeroconfig/bonjour/mdns, OSC)
• dynamic interfaces: widgets can be reconfigured 'on the fly'
Updated for iOS 11
Ratings and Reviews
It's an amazing idea for an app but it has many bugs
Great start -
I've been following this app for awhile. Now I don't have to think about spending money on a lemur =) A few problems for me on windows, bonjour doesn't really work for zero network config - but that's ok - I just point mrmr at the IP address and I can use it in Max no problem. Please get us the documentation on interface building. I'm trying to write banks by hand ( no mac here so can't use the bank builder app) oh and a hint for the guy trying to figure out how to make four banks use |*| to separate your banks in hand coded banks.
My wish list:
* two way control - I'd like also receive messages from my computer as well - turning buttons on and off and such.
* A way to upload buttons (for us non-jailbroken)
* More than one color type for buttons.
* Dials, switches, and numerical readouts of values.
* Accelerometer data - I really don't need it unless I ask for it - having it run all the time is kinda annoying.
Been following this for a while. Amazing application. I have already created an interface for Ableton Live. I wish there was an easy way to add various colored buttons and perhaps an option of vertical OR horizontal sliders. Regardless this application is great, I just hope they keep adding features and widgets (rotary dials hint hint)
***There is no documentation as to how to add your own patch that uses all 4 banks. I have been unable to do this no matter what I try.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.