By NBC News Digital, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NBC News delivers the stories you care about, right now. Get up-to-the-minute breaking news, exclusive interviews, and in-depth reporting from our journalists around the world.
The NBC News app can be used on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Here are a few highlights:
• Simplified user interface offers easy tabbed browsing
• Stories download automatically so you can keep reading when you’re offline
• Split screen plays video while you read stories
• Today screen widget lets you instantly see the latest top headlines
• Interactive notifications for easily sharing and accessing important stories
Our live, continuous coverage gives you all the news you want, and now it’s easier than ever to share the stories that matter most to you.
What's New in Version 5.5.0
Thanks for your patience in waiting for this new release. We've been hard at work adding tons of great new features, squashing bugs and making the app faster. In total, we've made hundreds of changes, but here are some of the biggest ones:
* Support for Apple's Spotlight search feature, so you can always find the latest news from the home screen
* Picture-in-picture and split-screen multitasking for compatible iPads running iOS 9
* User interface refresh on iPad
* Clear your app's browsing history
* Landscape support for iPhone
Horrible app! DO NOT download!
If I could rate this app less than 1 star I would. Constantly news pops up on my screen from the app. I swipe to read the article and it brings me to a page that says undefined. The front page of the app still has news from 2 months ago and even those don’t open to an article. Maybe 1 in 50 articles actually come up. It’s NBC news. A HUGE company. I don’t see why they can’t get someone to fix the problems. Are they not embarrassed? It’s ridiculous! You really shouldn’t even offer an app that works this bad! Please update and fix this app!
This just started happening: Each time I want to share to Twitter the app crashes and defaults back to the article. I cannot type a message and share any of your articles. I can share NPR but not NBC which is sad because we should be able to share your articles. Does the App developer care? Do they ever read the reviews or fix bugs they create? Does NBC care that we can't share their work on Twitter? As of January 12 this problem still exists and I cannot share on Twitter anymore. Nobody cares at NBC or the App Developer.
Unusable video streaming
We have DSL and we can watch movies and other streaming content except the content in this app. The initial ad repeats over and over and because it can't buffer and stream the whole thing the news content can't play. We tried the app on the Fire TV but we can't even hear three words of the news story before it halts to download. There needs to be better buffering and streaming because the way it currently is it's totally unusable. Sadly, we are moving on to CBS which steams fine.
- Category: News
- Updated: Dec 07, 2015
- Version: 5.5.0
- Size: 15.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: NBC News Digital, LLC
- © 2015 NBC News Digital, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.