By NBC News Digital, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MSNBC's app makes it easy to watch your favorite MSNBC shows – including Morning Joe, The Rachel Maddow Show, and Hardball with Chris Matthews – at any time, wherever you are.
Watch MSNBC live on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Or, if you missed a show, you can catch recent full episodes. It's MSNBC your way, in your hands.
With the MSNBC app, you can watch:
• MSNBC live: Stream live episodes of your favorite prime-time shows as they air, and watch breaking news as it happens. Catch up with the latest political stories and news in real time.
• On-demand full episodes of your favorite shows, including:
The Rachel Maddow Show
Hardball with Chris Matthews
The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell
All in with Chris Hayes
Up with Steve Kornacki
Caught on Camera
• Your own Watchlist: Save your favorite episodes for later on your personalized Watchlist. When you add shows to your Watchlist, you can view them at whatever time is convenient and never miss a story or episode.
• To watch live TV and full episodes for free on the app, log in using your account with a cable or satellite TV provider. Dozens of providers – including most major ones – participate.
What's New in Version 3.2.0
• Full Airplay support.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Forced Update Breaks Live Feature
This is the second update I've had to deal with for the MSNBC app. It's almost embarrassing that just when they have the encoding right for streaming, they break the feature with a forced update. Just like the first update, this second update keeps hiccuping. Instead of buffering or going down to a smaller stream file to have the live feature continuous, it goes back five seconds instead. Then it compounds and it can't keep up so the app either crashes or you have a stream that ends up playing nearly the same five segments over and over again. Tested it on 50 bandwidth and 200 - does the same thing. It's useless and frustrating. They can't just have the stream switch to a lower quality for continuous playback. The app was fine before. Are you guys just trying to make work for yourselves or what?
The Good, The Bad, The Rotten...
The good; I can access my favorite shows. The bad, they repeat commercials over and over. The rotten... THEY REPEAT COMMERCIALS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND, yes, OVER!!!
Sometimes the new shows do not update the day after, which can be a little annoying. But one good thing is that you do see less commercials than on average. One awful thing is that small intros that a show will have between segments are followed up by the same number of commercials!!! Aargh!! This gives you the opportunity of seeing, yet again, the same commercials you saw a second ago! Daaaaaaannnggg! Get more sponsors if you are gonna force-feed me crap; at least I get to chew on different flavored crap rather than the same garbage over and over and, yes, over!!!
Never used app before. Am watching shows from my hospital room on my iPad4 and it's doing its job. Watched live stream for a while, but long waits during ads (which weren't shown) were annoying so I started watching on demand - which has the advantage of allowing me to skip stuff I'm not interested in - I can view an hour show in 30 minutes now. On demand also has closed captions. Only irritation Is seeing the same Oppenheimer ad over and over - at least it's short. If I have to view an ad, at least give me some variety!
- Category: News
- Updated: Oct 14, 2015
- Version: 3.2.0
- Size: 25.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: NBC News Digital, LLC
- © 2013-2015 NBC News Digital
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.