By NBC News Digital, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MSNBC is your destination for full episodes of your favorite MSNBC shows, including new episodes available the day after they air. Log in with your TV provider account (cable, satellite or telco provider of TV) and open up a whole new way to enjoy MSNBC – anywhere and anytime.
On-demand full episodes of your favorite shows, including:
• The Rachel Maddow Show
• Morning Joe
• Hardball with Chris Matthews
• The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell
• All in with Chris Hayes
• Up with Steve Kornacki
• Lock Up
• Caught on Camera
• Full episode viewing when you sign in with your TV provider account
• Save your favorite shows to your watchlist for quick access to the latest episodes
• Chromecast and AirPlay! You can now start the episodes in the app and stream MSNBC to your TV and Apple TV.
• Free trial – watch up to 3 full episodes of your choice for one month
• Can't finish an episode in one sitting? The app saves your place!
• Special clips, interviews and behind-the-scenes video
• MSNBC program guide
• Facebook, Twitter, and email sharing
What's New in Version 6.0.2
• Full Chromecast support
• Watch videos in either portrait or landscape orientation
• One-click 10-second rewind
• Syncs with your password manager for faster login
• Refreshed design
• Seamless integration with social networks to let you share videos instantly
So far this update is pretty good. The new UI makes soooooo much more sense (no more weird, tiny menu in the top-right) and I can easily see the programming schedule now.
I'll be curious how this "sync with password manager" works. So far I haven't seen it. Previously the app asked for my credentials way too frequently and always at the worst time. I hope this makes entering my password much easier and faster. I'm a 1Password user by the way.
I streamed to my Apple TV for a bit and the performance was way better than it has been recently. Not sure if it's because of the update or not but I kinda hope so.
Where's Rachel Maddow??
This app works fine as long as you don't want to see the Rachel Maddow Show. They will show episodes of her show on the app but it seems that you won't see them for at least 24 hours after the show is broadcast on air. This is the only show with which I've encountered this problem. You can find all the other primetime shows on the app in a timely fashion, 2 - 4 hours after primetime air but you have to wait an extra long time before the latest episode of the Maddow show is available.
Works great, but....
Thanks. This is a helpful way to watch your shows.
I'd like to see more content out of the Morning Joe show. It runs three hours on the telly, surely we can get more than 45 minutes out of it onto the app. I know there is more content because I see flashes of it in their little video montages. Please provide all the content (not the repeat hour, though ;-). Not all of us stream the show.
- Category: News
- Updated: Mar 22, 2017
- Version: 6.0.2
- Size: 76.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: NBC News Digital, LLC
- © 2017 NBC UNIVERSAL
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.