"New Apps We Love" - Apple
"Simple Photos Turned Into Super-Realistic 3D Animations Rock the Web" - Sputnik News
"I have to say that Mug Life is probably the most stupid and funny application in history." - KOCPC.com
"Being able to create 3D animated characters out of static images is much more amusing than it has any right to be." - Mobile Syrup - App of the Week
"What makes Mug Life special is that despite being obscenely juvenile, it’s really powerful." - The Next Web
Instantly create stunning photo-real clones of friends, family, and celebrities.
You don't have to be technical or artistic. All it takes is a photo.
Download community animations and paste them to your photos, or just have fun playing with faces. (It's addicting.)
Then, when inspiration strikes, create original animations and memes.
Export and share your creations as high definition videos, stills, animated GIFs, and animated Facebook avatars.
You can download all content for free, import your own images, Mug any image, and export and share an unlimited number of Mugs, entirely ad free.
If you like Mug Life, you’ll love our Pro Tools. Pro Tools adds power tools (Creative Mode) for creating and editing Mugs. In addition, iPhone X users also get the (new!) Performance Mode, unleashing the expressive power of your TrueDepth camera for live performances. It’s like Animoji from any photo!
Pro Tools Unlimited Access Subscription
• You can optionally subscribe to Pro Tools for unlimited access to all the advanced features of Mug Life.
• Subscriptions are billed monthly or annually, depending on the subscription plan. Alternately, a one-time purchase option is also available.
• Subscriptions auto-renew, unless cancelled 24-hours in advance prior to the end of the current period. The subscription fee is charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase. You can manage your subscription or turn off auto-renewal by going to your Apple account settings after purchase.
• Terms and Conditions: https://www.muglife.com/terms
Empower your creativity and sense of humor with Mug Life.
We can't wait to see what you come up with!
With Mug Life you can...
• Take a photo using your camera. High quality photos of faces with neutral expressions work the best.
• Import any photo from your Camera Roll, or use photos from with Facebook for albums, Instagram pictures, Twitter images, etc. If it’s got a face, you can animate it!
• Search for fun images to animate, including paintings, pictures, sketches, tattoos, dolls, action figures, drawings, photographs, renders, or illustrations. But that’s just the beginning! Any photo with a recognizable face can be great! For example, statue & sculpture photographs are particularly fun, as are photo frames taken from video & film, animals, costumes, make-up like body paint & more. You can make animated GIFs and videos from anything as long as it has a face.
• Manipulate faces in your photo. This is where the MAGIC really starts!
• Apply ANY community-made Mug animations you like for free. Like a meme you find? Use it, but put it on YOUR photos.
• Not just one face at a time! Got a close-up of a group of friends? Yup, it works! But it’s hard to fit a whole baseball team in one photo, so focus on great faces!
• Instantly share your Mugs on Facebook, Instagram, and other social media. It’s fantastic for making memes on the fly. GIFs, video, and JPG formats are supported.
• Troll your friends with crazy Mugs putting their face in the spotlight!
• Send texts messages with GIFs or post videos with the fun!
• Animate your own Mugs from scratch with Creative Mode! All you need is a photo with a face!
• Create live performances with 16 great voice filters and do live motion capture in Performance Mode. It’s like Animoji from any photo! Make group photos sing in chorus! Performance Mode requires an iPhone X, but Mug Life still works great on any iPhone or iPad.
Ratings and Reviews
Not what you make it seem.
This app interested me as soon as I saw it. And so, I downloaded it! I was very exited, and I got all set up and so. However, you never specified that it cost money for the custom. I know, It’s not a lot. But I’m only 12, I have an overprotective mother, and I don’t have my own card. The fact that it is not free needs to be specified! Also, I think a little more should be free. Come on, At leas let us control little bits of the eyes and mouth, like seriously, anyway, in general it is a good app and works great. It just has false advertisement and it too expensive for most kids, so I wouldn’t recommend this if you want to make your friend look like a fool for free, cause it’s not gonna happen.
Ok, I made this after your response, anyway, you didn’t get what I said. I said, this is false advertisement, I did not complain about it being useless! You can’t be creative in this app. You use what other people create. In the photos that show the person customizing the actions of the person. I immediately thought it was free, because there was no mention of it costing money. Yes, it does say in app purchases, but that doesn’t specify WHAT costs money. And I can not buy the extras only because I’m not allowed too. So it dose t make this very enjoyable, if we could just move the eyes or mouth, and the others have to cost money, it would be WAAAAAAAY better. So please TRY to understand my question and point of view. Thank you!
Developer Response ,
You can apply the effects to your photos for free, similar to other free photo apps, like FaceApp, Snapchat, or Prisma. There is also an optional in-app purchase for power tools. The ads highlight both free and paid features. Edit: Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry we can't make every feature you want free, but we have to charge for something to survive and fund development of new features. It's hard to cover every detail in a short ad. I'd love to see a good example like you describe so we can improve. email@example.com
Suggestions to make it Better
This app is a great idea and all, but it is a similar to SnapChat. Although the MugLife software is different from the SnapChat software and it does a different thing, the app layout is alarmingly the same. Each meme is like clicking a story and it looks very much like the average SnapChat page. I think that this app should get a new, better looking design that’s fun and appealing. It’s an awesome idea, I just think maybe it could be more fun and colorful, and maybe even cooler looking than SnapChat itself. Also, maybe advertise that meme-adding portion as well, if someone can’t afford the creative tools (i.e. little kids). The price it’s fine, but people should know beforehand that they have to pay to get most of the app, or at least be aware of another option on the app (most people do not look at the “in app purchases” bit before downloading).
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review and feedback! We appreciate it! Did you read our app store description? If you have any specific suggestions or examples of great ads for other apps, we'd love to see them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not actually free (misleading preview)
So I got this app hoping to just have fun with my pictures but I ran into two problems. 1.) it because I have a beard it couldn’t figure out where my mouth was meaning that all the mouth animations ended up on my mustache (which looked pretty creepy). 2.) Everything they show in the preview requires a $3.99 in app purchase. It’s not that I can’t afford the $4 it’s the misleading nature of it all. If the app is $3.99 make it $3.99 don’t make people wait until they download it to show the real price. Perhaps a free lite version and a $3.99 full version would be a better solution. It would at least be more strait forward. Finally, and this is just a small thing, it isn’t yet optimized for the iPhone X screen. There were parts of the UI that were covered up by the notch at the top of my phone. This is a potentially fun app but the misleading advertisement and the fact that it can’t figure out my beard turned me off to it.
Developer Response ,
It makes sense that some beards will throw off the facial recognition. My first suggestion is to try different angles and lighting, or try other subjects. We feel that Mug Life is actually more fun on other people than on selfies. You can manually tune the facial alignment for any photo as part of the Creative Mode package, but that part does cost money. The preview highlights both free and paid parts of the app, with more details in the app description. Thanks for your feedback on preview and light versions. Our intent is to be straightforward, provide fast and easy fun for free, and provide premium power tools for users who feel they are worth a few dollars. Regarding the iPhone X screen, we just fixed that in the latest build! (1.0.25) Thanks for your feedback!
- Mug Life, LLC
- 181 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017-2019 Mug Life, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Creative Mode $3.99
- Mug Life Pro Tools $1.99
- Mug Life Pro Tools $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.