Multi Event Filter
By John Maisey
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Quick and easy transfer of multiple events from text into OSX's Calendar application.
Using text entry, cut and paste, or (possibly most usefully) running as a service Multi Event Filter can process events from any application that contains text to be copied (from websites, emails, spreadsheets, anywhere else events are listed). You can then select, filter and modify the event information before adding to your calendar of choice in the Calendar application.
Multi Event Filter utilizes and extends Apple's Data Detectors, giving access to event information from applications which do not support them directly.
Add Multi Event Filter to your Applications folder. Once you open the application the first time it adds an "Add events to Calendar" Service to your existing applications' Services menu.
How to use Multi Event Filter:
1. In the application containing the text with the events included highlight the text including times that you would like to turn into Calendar events.
2. Select the "Add events to Calendar" service from the contextual menu or the application's "services" menu and Multi Event Filter will open.
3. The first detected event will be highlighted in Multi Event Filter. You can optionally modify the event title, start time, end time, 'all day' setting and destination calendar for the event.
4. Select Create Event to add the event to Calendar with the settings as shown. Select Skip date to not add the event and move on to the next detected one. Select Skip remaining to stop adding additional events.
5. After all the detected times have been edited the application will quit.
You can also paste text directly into the text window. (This is useful for a range of cells from a spreadsheets that cannot be accessed by the service.)
1. Open Multi Event Filter and paste the text you want to filter the dates from.
2. Select the Filter button. At this point the text will become uneditable and the first date will be highlighted.
3. Continue as points 3-5 above.
To allow faster keyboard only entry there are various key combinations available.
What's New in Version 1.1
Multi Event Filter now has the ability to open the selected day in Apple's Calendar application to view before adding new events.