Multi Track Song Recorder
By Derrick Walker
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Multi-Track Song Recorder is a premier 4 track recording app. MTSR allows you to record up to 4 tracks with a simple and easy to use interface. Designed with a simple tape recording style and with many features for creative and more advanced music recording.
Includes a Metronome with options for creating Perfect Loops and duplicating your recordings to loop as many times as you’d like.
Features options for merging all of your tracks in the same recording session to allow for unlimited recording possibilities. You can also export your songs via Dropbox, Email, SMS, and iTunes File Sharing.
Multi Track Song Recorder is the perfect iOS app for musicians looking to write and record simple songs at home or on the move!
Now includes Upgrade to Pro option! This In-App Purchase will remove all advertising and unlock the more advanced Metronome for only $1.99! For more information see Multi Track Song Recorder Pro on the iOS App Store.
- Pause, seek, and scrub through recorded audio easily
- Option of viewing your recordings as Waveforms or with Volume Meters
- Option of merging all recorded tracks
- Includes Metronome that allows you to tap your tempo for finding the perfect BPM to your song. Also includes the perfect looping feature which trims the audio of your recordings so that your track will loop to the beat!
- Independent volume control on each track for simple mixing
- Input gain control for each track
- Input monitoring while headphones are plugged in
- Simple saving and loading of your Songs
- Allows you to import music from your device's music library as well as from other apps with the ‘Open in...’ feature
- Dropbox support, you can export your current song or all saved songs directly to your Dropbox account
What's New in Version 3.0.3
- You can now preview your tempo on the visual metronome by tapping it (Pro only)
- Added VoiceOver accessibility support
- Fixed input volume bug on older devices
- Fixed bug where audio couldn’t be played or recorded in the background
- Many improvements and bug fixes
Before you get on here and rate this app poorly, please remember that you got it for free and it mostly does what it is suppose to. You did not spend $350 bucks on some professional recording software, so don't expect the same end with this app.
That rant said, the app is great. The only problem is that sometimes it does not buffer correctly to lay down additional tracks. If you have this problem and get some good takes on here, download Audacity (free also) on your computer and line it up yourself. It is a little annoying cause you have to convert these to a wav file first to get them into audacity, but then you get much more power to edit your tracks with.
Your phone is not a billion dollar condenser mic so don't expect it to be. The quality of sound is what you would expect from a phone. If you move your headphones a lot while recording, your phone will pick that up (this would have nothing to do with the app).
Sorry to be so crass, but I hate to see how self righteous people get in rating free software just because 'their singing to Katy perry didn't sound right'. I rarely leave reviews, but I appreciate what the developers did with this app and felt compelled here. They do need to refine it so that everything syncs correctly, more consistently, but they have done some brilliant ground work here.
I notice that the syncing gets worse with multiple takes. But then again that could just be my frustration talking.
So Handy, Nice Bounce and Export
This is not a DAW. The microphone on your iPhone is not a pro condenser mic. Accept these basic facts and you'll soon realize having this app installed is the equivalent to having an old Tascam 4-track in your pocket - except it connects to the internet.
What more could you ask for at this price? Spring for the $2 pro upgrade and support this developer. I regularly use this app (yep, it's on my home screen) to capture song ideas on the fly. I can record 4 tracks (and bounce them for more if I want) and export to Dropbox with zero setup hassle. Pull your phone out of your pocket and go!
Whether you have an acoustic guitar and want to capture a tune with some vocal melodies on top, or if your stuck in a bathroom at a party and just need to hum out those great riffs that just appeared out of nowhere, this app delivers.
Perfect for composers who never know when inspiration will strike. You never need forget a song idea again. This app gives you exactly what you need and very little you don't.
Essential for songwriters, 5 stars in a walk. Dig it 😎
Great!... once you get the hang of it
So, I've been in touring bands for over a decade now, and used all sorts of recording software in my day, at tons of different studios, and I must say that this little app is a nifty thing. I mean--it's what you should expect in a pocket recording studio. Basic but beautiful.. Also a great teacher for how to learn to use recording software. I would recommend.. The only thing I'm having trouble with is when exporting; it seems the tracks get out of sync when mixing down multiple tracks into one. Not sure what that's about, but it could just be user error as well. I'm used to Pro-tools after all. That's why I have it 4/5. But anyway, pretty good. 😎
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 27, 2015
- Version: 3.0.3
- Size: 8.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Derrick Walker
- © 2010 Derrick Walker
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Pro$1.99