Multi-Track Song Recorder is a premier 4 track recording app. MTSR allows you to record up to 4 tracks with a simple and easy to use interface. Designed with a simple tape recording style and with many features for creative and more advanced music recording.
Includes a Metronome with options for creating Perfect Loops and duplicating your recordings to loop as many times as you’d like.
Features options for merging all of your tracks in the same recording session to allow for unlimited recording possibilities. You can also export your songs via Dropbox, Email, SMS, and iTunes File Sharing.
Multi Track Song Recorder is the perfect iOS app for musicians looking to write and record simple songs at home or on the move!
Now includes Upgrade to Pro option. This In-App Purchase will remove all advertising and unlock the more advanced Metronome for only $1.99. For more information see Multi Track Song Recorder Pro on the iOS App Store.
- Pause, seek, and scrub through recorded audio easily
- Option of viewing your recordings as Waveforms or with Volume Meters
- Option of merging all recorded tracks
- Includes Metronome that allows you to tap your tempo for finding the perfect BPM to your song. Also includes the perfect looping feature which trims the audio of your recordings so that your track will loop to the beat!
- Independent volume control on each track for simple mixing
- Input gain control for each track
- Input monitoring while headphones are plugged in
- Simple saving and loading of your Songs
- Allows you to import music from your device's music library as well as from other apps with the ‘Open in...’ feature
- Dropbox support, you can export your current song or all saved songs directly to your Dropbox account
- Improved Dropbox uploading
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Echo is the only issue
To those pointing out that their recordings don't sync automatically: that's just how it goes in computer DAWs and audio recording programs like Audacity. You have to be in time with your own recording, that's just the way it goes and always has.
However, my problem lies with the echo. I saw the reviews and thought it referred to reverb, but no it's a very clear echo on the tracks, and it distorts and adds loudness to the playback. That's my only gripe with it.
Other than that, it does what it's needed to. I used it to play around with harmonies, but the echo's distortion stopped that train early.
The App is Great
It works as it should for basic uses, and the echo when using multiple tracks can be solved by turning down other tracks' volume while recording. I have used it to make great trombone multi tracks. My problem is that when recording the ambient noise gets amplified and muddled sound a bit. To have some noise cancellation would be great. Overall, not good for professional works but great for messing around with harmony and sound.
This app is compatible with iOS VoiceOver, which is the way we blind people use iPhone and such. I have been searching for and accessible tracking app, and I finally found it. A word of advice to other reviewers: use a separate microphone and pair of headphones to prevent echo. Of coarse you’ll be dealing with echo if you use built in hardware. Thanks again for being considerate, and making this app accessible.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.