Multi Track Song Recorder
By Derrick Walker
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Multi-Track Song Recorder is a premier 4 track recording app. MTSR allows you to record up to 4 tracks with a simple and easy to use interface. Designed with a simple tape recording style and with many features for creative and more advanced music recording.
Includes a Metronome with options for creating Perfect Loops and duplicating your recordings to loop as many times as you’d like.
Features options for merging all of your tracks in the same recording session to allow for unlimited recording possibilities. You can also export your songs via Dropbox, Email, SMS, and iTunes File Sharing.
Multi Track Song Recorder is the perfect iOS app for musicians looking to write and record simple songs at home or on the move!
Now includes Upgrade to Pro option! This In-App Purchase will remove all advertising and unlock the more advanced Metronome for only $1.99! For more information see Multi Track Song Recorder Pro on the iOS App Store.
- Pause, seek, and scrub through recorded audio easily
- Option of viewing your recordings as Waveforms or with Volume Meters
- Option of merging all recorded tracks
- Includes Metronome that allows you to tap your tempo for finding the perfect BPM to your song. Also includes the perfect looping feature which trims the audio of your recordings so that your track will loop to the beat!
- Independent volume control on each track for simple mixing
- Input gain control for each track
- Input monitoring while headphones are plugged in
- Simple saving and loading of your Songs
- Allows you to import music from your device's music library as well as from other apps with the ‘Open in...’ feature
- Dropbox support, you can export your current song or all saved songs directly to your Dropbox account
What's New in Version 3.0.3
- You can now preview your tempo on the visual metronome by tapping it (Pro only)
- Added VoiceOver accessibility support
- Fixed input volume bug on older devices
- Fixed bug where audio couldn’t be played or recorded in the background
- Many improvements and bug fixes
So Handy, Nice Bounce and Export
This is not a DAW. The microphone on your iPhone is not a pro condenser mic. Accept these basic facts and you'll soon realize having this app installed is the equivalent to having an old Tascam 4-track in your pocket - except it connects to the internet.
What more could you ask for at this price? Spring for the $2 pro upgrade and support this developer. I regularly use this app (yep, it's on my home screen) to capture song ideas on the fly. I can record 4 tracks (and bounce them for more if I want) and export to Dropbox with zero setup hassle. Pull your phone out of your pocket and go!
Whether you have an acoustic guitar and want to capture a tune with some vocal melodies on top, or if your stuck in a bathroom at a party and just need to hum out those great riffs that just appeared out of nowhere, this app delivers.
Perfect for composers who never know when inspiration will strike. You never need forget a song idea again. This app gives you exactly what you need and very little you don't.
Essential for songwriters, 5 stars in a walk. Dig it 😎
Great!... once you get the hang of it
So, I've been in touring bands for over a decade now, and used all sorts of recording software in my day, at tons of different studios, and I must say that this little app is a nifty thing. I mean--it's what you should expect in a pocket recording studio. Basic but beautiful.. Also a great teacher for how to learn to use recording software. I would recommend.. The only thing I'm having trouble with is when exporting; it seems the tracks get out of sync when mixing down multiple tracks into one. Not sure what that's about, but it could just be user error as well. I'm used to Pro-tools after all. That's why I have it 4/5. But anyway, pretty good. 😎
Tough to work with
I don't know why, but this app just doesn't want to work with me when I use my iPad mini. I record one layer and place it on a track, and it always cuts off a small part of the end when I listen to it again. Also, it sometimes doesn't sync all the layers correctly. It would be working fine with all the layers on beat, but the next time I press play, it tends to have a track that's either playing too early, too late, or doesn't even play at all! When I tried to export a song and email one of my recordings, some of my tracks stopped playing in the background, and it didn't come back on. What is the problem? Does this happen to anyone else? Can I fix it somehow or avoid it? Plz do fix this app!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 27, 2015
- Version: 3.0.3
- Size: 8.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Derrick Walker
- © 2010 Derrick Walker
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Pro$1.99