MultiMarkdown Composer 2
By MultiMarkdown Software, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
##### IMPORTANT #####
A new version of MultiMarkdown Composer is in the works (Version 3.0). Please visit our web site for more information **BEFORE** you purchase. http://multimarkdown.com/2015/01/v3-announcement
To receive announcements about Composer, you can also sign up for our mailing list on the web site.
## The Best MultiMarkdown Editor Just Got Better! ##
MultiMarkdown Composer is a text editor that is designed from the ground up around the MultiMarkdown Syntax. It is designed to make writing in MultiMarkdown even easier than it already is, with automatic syntax highlighting, built in previews, easy export to any format that is supported by MultiMarkdown, and more!
By using an editor built around Markdown and MultiMarkdown, you can focus on the actual *writing*, rather than worrying about formatting and styles. Let the computer deal with that when you're ready to export your document to another format.
## Learn More ##
If you are unfamiliar with Markdown or MultiMarkdown, or just want to learn more about MultiMarkdown Composer and what it can do, please visit http://fletcherpenney.net/multimarkdown/ before purchasing this application. We want you to be sure that you will be happy with your purchase!
You can also visit http://multimarkdown.com/ to learn more about the application, see screenshots, and even video previews and demonstrations.
## New Features for Version 2 ##
Version 2 is a complete rewrite of MultiMarkdown Composer and includes the following:
* Performance improvements
* Live HTML preview
* "Synchronized Scrolling" --- you can scroll the editing pane or the preview pane, and both sides will line up properly, even in fairly complex documents!
* Improved Style Themes and ability to customize look and feel
* Table of Contents can be used to rearrange your document with drag and drop
* Built in help and MultiMarkdown "cheat sheet"
* Ability to show invisible characters
* Support for CriticMarkup(http://criticmarkup.com/) for comparing documents or collaborating with others
## Key Features ##
* MultiMarkdown syntax highlighting
* Customizable themes - choose from built in themes, including solarized, or design your own
* Instant preview of rendered HTML
* Easily copy HTML, RTF, or LaTeX output to the clipboard with one keystroke to paste into other applications
* Support for using Marked to preview your document if it's installed
* Automatic table of contents drawer for easy navigation
* HUD panels to display document statistics, defined reference labels, etc.
* Instant export to HTML, OPML, LaTeX, Flat OpenDocument format, Word(with limitations), RTF, and basic ePub export
* Support for custom commands when exporting HTML
* Multiple keyboard shortcuts to minimize the need to use the mouse
* Easily print your text file without struggling with arcane settings to make it fit properly on the page
* Easily switch between MultiMarkdown and the original Markdown syntax for both highlighting and HTML preview/export
* "Typewriter" scrolling mode
* ODB Editor Protocol support -- works in OS 10.8+ only
## Assisted Editing - features to automate entering MMD syntax ##
* automatic list formatting
* "smart pairs" --- close parentheses, brackets, quotes, etc.
* support for "elastic tabstops" so your document is properly aligned
* single keystroke indent and outdent of lines
* automatic link creation
We can't reply to comments, suggestions, or bug reports in these reviews - please contact us at email@example.com or http://support.multimarkdown.com so that we may respond to your questions and assist with any problems you may have. We have noticed that several of the very few negative comments are actually related to user error --- we'd love to help you fix your issues, but can't if you don't contact us. Thank you!
What's New in Version 2.8
* Fix bug in typewriter mode introduced in 2.7
* Preference to change default extension when saving text files (e.g. mmd, markdown, mdown, txt, etc. See tooltip in the Preferences for a full list)
* Improved iCloud Drive support
My favorite (multi)markdown editor
I purchased this version after trying several other markdown editors (Byword, Lightpaper, Macdown). I’m a fan of multimarkdown and this editor does it perfectly. I like the little HUD windows for things like the table of contents and general writing info (characters, words, lines, paragraphs). You can show them when you need them and hide them when you don’t. Both the editor and the preview pane can be customized: several style sheets are available in the Prefs, and if you don’t mind getting your hands dirty you can duplicate and alter one of the built-in style sheets to your liking. I also like the perfect integration with Marked 2. This app has pretty much become my go-to app for the majority of my writing. I will certainly purchase version 3 when it is available.
My primary text editor
I have been using this application as my primary text editor for some time. it is simple and easy to use the basic features and offers some flexibility if I choose to use the more advanced features.
I love MultiMarkdwon becasue it is the only markdown app that has a table of contents view that allows you to easily jump to sections of a long document! I am writing a book in markdown and using this app has made it so much easier. Thank you!