This little game uses the developer tool called Multiplatform Runtime Level Editor available in the Unity Asset Store.
The Multiplatform Runtime Level Editor will allow your players to create levels in game. Allowing your gamer community to create levels will not only increase their satisfaction, but it will also save your time. You can also use this level editor to create levels yourself and save them. This way you can allow your players to download the levels from your server or mysql database, which will reduce your initial game file size.
- works in Unity 5
- no Unity Pro required
- runtime (runs on device, does not need Unity Editor)
- supports both touch screen & mouse/keyboard
- terrain editor (uses Unity Terrain Engine)
- object editor (placement, transformation, coloring)
- object snap tools (to terrain/grid, object to object)
- streamed levels (instantiate visible objects only)
- level preview icon rendering
- easily moddable uGUI
- 3 demos (full level editor, FPS game with object editor and terrain editor)
- open code (no obfuscation, change the code as you want)
- independent modules (handles(move|rotate|scale), perspective gizmo, snap tools, level streaming, touch gestures, uGUI widgets, ...)
Patch v1.10 to v1.20:
FIX: multiple terrain load/save
FIX: improved camera perspective gizmo positioning
FIX: keep camera distance on perspective gizmo axis switch
FIX: ctrl+D and object count limitation
FIX: sometimes small objects were selected even if covered by bigger objects
FIX: objects selected only if mouse down event is not over UI (fixes issues with color sliders)
FEAT: upgraded to Unity 4.6.0
FEAT: easily moddable uGUI replaces the old OnGUI (modability shown in 2 new demos)
FEAT: 2nd demo: FPS dungeon game with object editor (selectable in menu)
FEAT: 3rd demo: 9 patch terrain only editor (selectable in menu)
FEAT: reduced loading time with terrain recycling in level editor
FEAT: key combos like "f"-key and "ctrl+d" can be disabled in inspector
FEAT: removed OnMouse* methods (now works with 'Input.simulateMouseWithTouches = false;' if you need it)
FEAT: improved stacking of grid snapped objects
FEAT: brush projected on editable terrain only
API: all terrain related configuration values are moved to LE_ConfigTerrain
API: all level related configuration values are moved to LE_ConfigLevel
API: changed location of GetLoadEvent to LE_LevelEditorMain.GetLoadEvent
API: removed 'additional level-tab/left-menu button system' (add to scene directly instead)
Ratings and Reviews
It's nifty, but it's very unprofessional. I know you can only do so much, but...
I have been so impressed
Could you add ai so we could create these massive battles, i do miss the tank model, but adding more objects and functions would be a great touch, and keep up the great work!!!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.