Multisyllabic with words, phrases and sentences for speech therapy and special need education
By AbiTalk Incorporated
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Multisyllabic is an innovative app that is filled with two-, three-, four- and five-syllable words sorted into categories ~ people, food, transportation, U.S. States, and geography presented in fun puzzle pieces that connect as touch cues for pacing. Multisyllabic words in speech therapy can be very challenging for children with articulation disorders, apraxia, and autism spectrum disorder. It is important to break this into smaller steps, beginning with one syllable, then two, then three, and so on.
What makes this app special is the combination of tactile, visual, and auditory components, proven as the best way to target speech production. Motor sequence learning is the objective, pairing motor movements with hierarchies of stimuli. Once correct production of a word has been achieved, level two includes carrier phrases and level three has sentences for mastery.
- Stimulating visual materials
- Naturalistic vocabulary that has meaning to hold interest
- Voice modeled with stress, intonation, and rhythm
- Levels of syllables, phrases and sentences
- Categories: People, Food, Transportation, U.S. States, and Geography
- Recording feature
- Support for unlimited user accounts
- Generates a detailed progress report for each student
- Ability to archive recorded sentences for each student
- Capability to email the recordings from the app
- Settings that allow changes to be made for individual users
- All content developed by certified Speech Language Pathologist
- Category: Education
- Released: Mar 16, 2015
- Version: 1.01
- Size: 101 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AbiTalk Incorporated
- © Copyright 2015 AbiTalk
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.