An essential app for San Francisco public transit riders. Features include:
- Real-time GPS location of buses*
- Predicted arrival times at stops*
- Find nearby stops by zooming in
- Pin frequently used stops on the map
*All GPS locations and arrival time predictions are provided by NextBus.
Disclaimer: This application is not affiliated with SFMTA.
Fixed a bug that caused connection error to pop up frequently for some users.
- Updated design for easier navigation
- Design change on routes menu: tap on ⊕ to add it to the map, tap on star to save it under favorites
- I know many of you thought the font size was too small. Now, the app will respect iOS setting for text size. (Available under Display & Brightness > Text Size, or Accessibility for even larger text sizes)
- Stops on the map now show the colors of the routes instead of rainbow wheel.
Apple Watch App
- Shows your pinned stops and also nearby stops. It will show pinned stops that are nearby first.
Please email me if you notice any issue or have suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you find MuniWatch useful, please leave a nice review on the App Store. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
Does a nice job with routes and is fairly accurate with predicting bus or tram or car arrivals. Very helpful. Takes a little getting used to but effective and well done over all. Would like this combined with the ticketing app for easier toggling but small issue. Must have for our out towners trying to use the transportation system.
Best App for Transit Times
This is the best app I’ve found for timing when your bus or muni is arriving. I have noticed a glitch when there is construction (like the 2 month Forrest Hill tunnel project) and times aren’t available. When the regular muni is back in service times still aren’t available on the app. Simply deleting and reinstalling the app fixes this.
nearby stops default is annoying
I’m pretty sure some of the users already know which stops to track. You guys should include a setting to set pinned items all the way on the top row instead of last rows. Like me, the stop that I track is four blocks away from my house. It’s a good 10-minute walk. I have to scroll all the way down to see my stop. Overall, it’s a great app with more growth.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thank you for this feedback. It certainly makes sense to prioritize pinned stops in Nearby view.
For now, one option is to use the Pinned view which shows all your pinned stops and sorts them by proximity. You can also change the default view to Pinned tab in settings.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.