Municipal Bond Pricing
By Brett Padgett
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This app is a municipal bond analytics calculator. You enter the settlement date, maturity date, coupon rate, and multiple call dates (if applicable). Then, you can either enter the yield to determine the bond price, or you can enter the bond price to determine the yield. Other information that the app calculates includes the term of the bond, the yield to maturity, the date to which the bond is priced, and the present value of a 1 basis point movement in yield.
• USER FRIENDLY INTERFACE - efficient entry methods (mostly touch instead of text entry)
• QUICK SELECT BUTTONS - quick select buttons are included for speed of entry (see below for more details)
• YIELD OR PRICE INPUT - can easily switch between yield input to calculate price or price input to calculate yield
• MULTIPLE CALL DATES - allows for multiple call dates, and the bond will be priced to the date with the lowest price
• SAVE AND RETRIEVE - ability to save and retrieve bonds later with your own custom titles
• RESET AND CLEAR BUTTONS - reset button in navigation bar returns all data to the default inputs (does not affect any saved bond data) and clear button above call provisions table allows for quick deletion of all current call provisions
• MSRB CALCULATIONS - price and yield calculations comply with the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) Rule G-33*
*The Municipal Bond Pricing app uses the standard 30/360 day count convention and assumes semi-annual interest payments.
QUICK SELECT BUTTONS
These buttons allow for quick entry of often-used or hard-to-enter numbers. If the quick select buttons don't have what you are looking for, there is always a more precise entry method available as well.
• TERM OF BOND - 5, 10, 20 and 30 year buttons - maturity date will change accordingly.
• COUPON & YIELD** - quick select decimals include .000, 1/8, 1/4, 3/8, 5/8, 3/4 and 7/8
• CALL PRICE - 100.5, 101, 101.5, 102, 102.5 and 103
• BOND PRICE - 95 through 105, in 0.5 increments
** Due to the screen size, only the .000 coupon and yield quick set buttons exist for the iPhone 4S.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
Updated for iOS 10