Murder in the Alps is a game like no other. It is a fully interactive crime novel with amazing gameplay features. Travel back to the 1930s, solve many mysteries and experience the authentic atmosphere of the time.
The story is set in a hotel tucked away in one of the most beautiful locations in the Alps. But things quickly take a turn for the worst. The tale begins when one of the guests goes missing, and it is not long before other strange events start to occur. Anna Myers, a journalist from Zurich who is holidaying at the hotel, takes it upon herself to solve the mystery. With each new day the plot thickens, and Anna must decide which one of the ten mysterious characters could be the killer.
As the game progresses, you will visit many unique locations, from the airy beauty of the Alps, to the depths of blood-filled cellars. Experience the immersive gameplay and engaging storyline. Solve mind-boggling puzzles, interact with each end every character, and discover which one of them is the twisted killer. Will you solve the case before the killer gets you and everybody else? Are you quick-witted enough to figure out all the clues? Can you find the answer to the Murder In the Alps? There's only one way to find out, so get your magnifying glass and your detective hat because this amazing movie-like experience awaits!
* Immersive storyline - experience the authentic atmosphere of the 1930s!
* Hours of interactive gameplay, explore each and every room of the hotel and its surroundings!
* Filled with characters with intriguing personalities and dark secrets! Interact with all of them and find out which one is the killer!
* Beautifully illustrated comics to enhance the story!
* Detailed graphics with amazing animations and great sound effects!
* Built-in Strategy Guide to help you with every step of the game!
* Each scene is filled with collectibles, so don't be afraid to look everywhere!
* Lots of unique achievements, some are easy to get, and some require great skill!
* Amazing mini-games, hidden objects scenes and much more! This game will keep you on your toes!
Follow us on Facebook for new updates, contests and more https://www.facebook.com/crimeinthealps
We have made a number of minor game improvements to give you a better game experience. Enjoy the game and have fun!
Ratings and Reviews
Phenomenal game, but...
I love this game for many reasons. First, the atmosphere is amazing. You really feel like you are in their shoes and even in that time period. Second, it feels open at all times. You always feel like you can move around a decently large area. Third, it is not just a hidden object game. You also play interesting mini games, move around between rooms, and talk to people in the environment. It is more than just levels. Fourth, the hidden object part are really cool. It is pretty interesting to be able to look closer at things and interest with drawers and whatnot. There are so many reasons to love this game.
As much as I love this game though, the energy system is seriously terrible. I don’t always hate the energy mechanic in games, but this is simply way too much waiting for not nearly enough playing. If you made the energy regain faster, even if it just went from 1 every 8 minutes to 1 every 5 minutes, that would be a significant improvement. I stopped playing for a few hours, came back, and could only tap 4 items. That is ridiculous. I’m still rating this 3 stars though, because the rest of the game is so great. If this is fixed, then this will be the easiest 5 star rating I’ve ever given. (Also, if you added a one time purchase for unlimited energy, I would buy it in a heartbeat. As long as it isn’t like $10-20, that would be ridiculous.) Thanks for your time.
I wish my review didn’t echo so many others, but unfortunately it does. I truly love the game, as so many others do. The design is beautiful, the characters are intriguing, great storyline; it’s clear you have some talented people working for you. And like so many others have mentioned, the energy system is frustrating the way it is now. I’m wondering why this game is so different from others that are like it when it comes to using the energy to advance? It seems to me like there are so many solutions to this, where you as the developers could still make money on this game and your gaming audience could feel heard and have their needs validated. Perhaps there could be a way for players to earn more energy besides just waiting? In your CookingFever game, which I’ve played for a long, long time, there is a slot machine that dispenses gems daily to advance us through gameplay. I have heard tell of ads that others have watched to gain more energy, although I have not seen that option on my own game. Or perhaps the amount of energy could double from 1 to 2 every 8 minutes? Even this small change in the next update could placate so many of your fans. It could show them that you actually take their feedback into account. Just some thoughts :)
A fan of Murder in the Alps
Really fun, but SLLOOOOOWWWW energy regeneration
This seems to be the assessment of all the reviews, so I’m just confirming what everyone else is saying - the game is really well done, I love how you can roam around, interact with things, play mini games, look further into hidden object scenes . . . Gorgeous.
* Energy regeneration - So. Slow. 1 point every 8 min., unless that’s been changed by the time you read this.
* Spending said slowly-regenerated energy points - Most actions require 5 energy points, some up to 20!
* The one saving grace (aside from the otherwise beautiful and creative game), AND THIS IS WHY I GAVE THEM 5 STARS, INSTEAD OF 4 - free points for watching videos! I haven’t figured out the exact schedule they offer these free videos on, but around once a day, or once every other day, you can watch a video to earn 20 points. Some days I have been able to regenerate my entire 200 points, other days the videos just keep coming and I store up 400 to 500 points! I will forgive them their slow energy regeneration simply due to the fact that it is possible, however unpredictably, to earn these free points. Big thanks to the creators of the game for this option!
- Nordcurrent Ltd
- 118.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Nordcurrent
- In-App Purchases
- Case Researcher $2.99
- Mystery Agent $4.99
- Crime Solver $9.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.