By Hello World Engineering, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Clip it. Loop it. Mix it. Drop it.
Musaico is the most streamlined interface for recording and remixing music. Record, loop, layer, and remix sounds in real time, from layering guitar parts to looping rap beats. Designed and optimized as a universal app for the iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch platforms, you can record your musical ideas quickly and intuitively from anywhere.
Musaico features a new compositional paradigm consisting of integrated loop-based and timeline-based approaches. First, quickly record or import sound material, organize it, and loop it. Experiment with sounds by instantly triggering clips that will automatically play in time together. Then, drag clips into the timeline to create compositions with multitracker precision and control. Export those compositions back into loops and continue to refine your ideas in real time!
This free version of Musaico requires internet connectivity for third-party advertisements and limits saving to 1 project.
Features included in Musaico:
- Real time, instant touch-and-play control interface. Record, play, import, and edit sound material without interrupting the audio stream
- Automatic beat alignment – sound material plays in time together
- Automatic or manual play speed adjustment
- Import from iPod library (supports non-DRM .m4a, .mp3, .aac, .caf, and .wav)
- Import from iOS clipboard using audio paste
- Precisely edit sound material with dynamic, real time waveform views – pinch to zoom, swipe to scroll, and tap to play
- Group sound material to play in time together
- Multiple timeline arrangement views with mute and solo, track volume, and metronome controls (iPad only)
- Export themes from timeline into loop-based clips (iPad only)
- Share clips, clip groups, or timeline themes via e-mail (.wav or .m4a formats for iPad, .m4a for iPhone)
- Demo projects included (3 for iPad and 1 for iPhone)
With the download of Musaico, you will also be receiving future updates to the software, which will include feature upgrades. Please let us know what you want to see next!
- Your friends at Musaico
What's New in Version 2.2.1
- iAd fixed
Amazing for slicing up my band's jam session and turning it into a song
This is an app I dreamed might exist someday, and turns out it already exists!
VERY easy to use.
It's almost perfect - please add these much needed features to make it perfect!
Listed in order of importance from a real pro-audio perspective:
1: Allow background recording.
This is huge, as it is now I can't record my band practice directly into Musaico while using other audio apps on the ipad. Workaround is to use Audioshare and then paste it into Musaico when finished
2: BPM detection (this is a big deal)
3: Option to specify clip color, and to give a unique color to copies. ( this should be easy. )
4: More export options - Dropbox, etc.
Great app! Needed to cut music and put it together for my cheerleading routine, and it did (almost) exactly that. Only wish that it had a few sound effects that I could add in, and would be great if we could add more songs in each theme. Also, it would make it easier to cut the music if it showed the time played for the songs. Then, I would have been able to go straight to the part of the music I want to cut instead of having to listen to the whole song to find it. Other than that, it was perfect for simply cutting and putting the songs together without silent gaps inbetween.
Great little tool, but takes a min to figure out
I love using this tool but it took about a day for me to understand it all, should include an optional demo run. But definitely worth the download
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 10, 2012
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 99.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hello World Engineering, Inc
- © 2011 Jeremy Huff
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.